Skip to content

Spellbooks

As always, apologies if this has been addressed... i have looked online and cant find the answer to this specific question...

I have a mage with 18 int and 17 wis (i rolled a 94 it was pretty awesome)... i am currently transcribing a bunch of new scrolls I came across and noticing that I cant transcribe some of them... They are not in my book, and I am a general mage, so access to all... I assume there is a cap on how many spells can be learned?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, there is a max spell cap. I don't know what it is specifically, but raising your INT to 19 removes it.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    With 18 INT, you get 18 spells per spell-level.

17 INT would give 14 spells of each level.

19 INT gives unlimited spells of each level.

The solution is to drink a Potion of Genius, which gives you a temporary +4 INT (for 3 hours, IIRC), so then you can scribe the rest of the scrolls while the potion is in effect.
  • ValferysValferys Member Posts: 47

With 18 INT, you get 18 spells per spell-level.

17 INT would give 14 spells of each level.

19 INT gives unlimited spells of each level.

The solution is to drink a Potion of Genius, which gives you a temporary +4 INT (for 3 hours, IIRC), so then you can scribe the rest of the scrolls while the potion is in effect.

I figured there was the cap, I remember having it from vanilla back in the day... Thanks for this, I shall do this on my next scroll blitz :)