Skip to content

I screwed up and I don't know how.

Posting this in the mod section because this only happened after I started messing about with NI and EEkeeper.

I've made only minor changes, "useless trinket enchantment" as one might call it, and all of the sudden, I can't reload. Talking BG2EE here, version 1.3.2064. Every time I try to load a saved game, be it a quicksave, an autosave or a save with a name, the game freezes and I need CTRL-ALT-DELETE to shut it down and try again. And trying again results in the game freezing again. Am I doing something wrong? Pretty sure I am. But what? Please, I need help with this.

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    What kind of changes were you making?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    The usual I suppose. Copying armour and equipping it with horribly overpowered effects, mostly.
    Allright @subtledoctor I'll try that. Might take some time. I thought I limited the risk by editing not-too-common-items, but could be that. Thanks. Can't imagine what would be though.
    Found it. It was an effect I put on my helmet. Still don't know what I did wrong though.
    Apply effect List: Improved alacrity. Seemed to work, but can't load my savegames with the helmet on. Any idea why?
    Well yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. And removing it solved the load issue, so you're probably right about that being the source of it.
    If I tried High Level Ability (313), would that work without causing the same problem?
    You're right. I was overthinking it. Got it now. Thanks for your help.