Skip to content

My first time doing...

MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
BG2 with the EE edition.

So, considering that i'm doing new things... i'm going to do what i've never done before.

A female only party. Will it be fun ? Never tryed before to do a female chrname.

The party is charname ( multi fighter / thief ) , Aerie & Viconia ( watch the sparks fly? ), Yasraena ( a drow npc fighter, because i like her and she too argues with Viconia ) and Sheena ( a npc multi fighter / mage ).

-----------------

What do you think of it ?

Could it be interesting or in your opinion this sounds so boring that it would be better if i try something else ?

Comments

• pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Why would it be boring?

You have a reasonably balanced party, and the only thing that you would miss out on is the romances (unless your NPCs have them or you unlock Aerie's), but I never find those particularly interesting anyway.

Depending on what floats your boat, there's plenty of room to roleplay this, you have some variety and conflicts in the group. You aren't powergame optimised, but it doesn't seem like you are aiming for that.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    What is the difference? From a game-play point of view nothing changes. But if by "fun" you mean banters and interjection - you are the only one able to answer the question, since you added 2 mod-NPC and only you know how do they interact with each other, official NPC and the world.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Looks like a pretty viable team to me.

With both of your Mages being multi-classed (and therefore slow to level), you won't gain access to the higher-level arcane spells until later in the game, which adds a little to the difficulty, but not too much.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Solaufein makes some kind of comment about how you can't challenge him "even though you have females in your group". Everytime I get to that part I wonder if/how it changes if you have an all female/all male party. Other than that I can't think of a place where it would matter in any kind of dialogue (except for getting different combos of banters of course).
  • ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
    I have an all female party consisting of Charname, a Dual Classed fighter-thief, Imoen, Amber, (EE Keepered into a mage), Viconia, Yasraena, and Mazzy.

In particular, I use EE Keeper to modify Mazzy's weapon proficiencies from short bow to longsword. Early to mid SOA sees her with the +3 full plate, Daystar, the Shield of Harmony, and the Belt of Hill Giant Strength. I also have her wearing the shadow dragon wardstone which a mod turns into an ioun stone that offers negative plane protection, so she's the ultimate halfling "Paladin". Eventually, I'll have her using two weapon style once she gets high enough level.

Changing the character portrait also helped, as this one fits her sooo much better than the original! I honestly have to say she's probably my favorite in the game, and it's too bad nobody did a romance mod for her like some of the others.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's a wonder what changing a portrait can do.

i'm using nalia and her portrait from Artrastrophe makes me like her more then her default one.

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

I honestly have to say she's probably my favorite in the game, and it's too bad nobody did a romance mod for her like some of the others.

Mazzy rocks, even without any mods. Give her the Gesen bow or the Tiguan bow and the enemies will start dropping like the contestants in a retirement home breakdancing marathon.

As for the lack of romance, it makes sense. She has just seen Patrick die, and maybe her paladin self-image would keep,her from getting involved anyway.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i remember reading there was a mazzy romance mod written at some point but it may have been scrapped. she atlest has a friendship mod.
  • ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
    Mazzy is great as an archer, but I wanted a tank build for the all female party, though I suppose I could have given Yasraena the same modifications. Mazzy and Viconia are pretty much a part of any party I play, with everyone else being pretty much optional.

I was using Nalia as a mage before swapping her for Imoen. Back in the pre-EE days, I'd usually have both Imoen and Nalia for ToB, working in tandem to take out enemy mages, with one loaded up with abjurations to take down defenses, while the other made the kill, usually with swarms of magic missiles via sequencer spells.

I agree with you completely about the right portrait making a difference in how one feels about the character; I couldn't stand Jaheira until I changed hers.