Skip to content

Forum weirdness

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
When I used to click on my name at the top of the forum page, it would take me straight to notifications. But now it doesn't... and it happened after one of these weird outages. I am also missing notifications for some of the badges I have gotten, along with the point totals.
BrudeCrevsDaaklolien

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Does it take you to your Activity page instead? For me, it's always been like that. The badge messages on the Activity page do not include point totals, and it's kind of random whether one appears at all.

Notifications is right under Activity in the left sidebar.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Same here, brings me to activity now. Kinda frustrating, especially since Bookmarked thread responses tend to cover up all the responses that were made to me specifically :/

For me also, the "My Discussions" number doesn't increase and on the profile, the points are displayed twice. (Roles, points, badges, points, posts)
    Anton
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited November 2012
    I get taken direct to the "Activity" section, whereas it used to take me to "Notifications" instead. I tried digging around in the options section to "fix" it, but had no luck. I'm sure if it had been this way from the beginning, I'd be fine with it. But I was used to it the other way, and I find it very irritating. I keep feeling, "I want it back the way it was..." It's not whining, it's just, you start off, and it's a little annoying, but the longer it goes on, the more annoyed I get.
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    Yes I remember this change happening a few weeks back. Clicking your name takes you to your activity now (used to be notifications). Notifications are on the left hand side with the little globe icon. Not sure whether I like it yet either.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    I hate it. The notfications page was useful & easy to scan.

The activity page is pretty much useless.

Anton
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    That one is Vanilla's fault. Not sure how to set that back to the way it was just yet - but at least the notifications are still easily accessible.
    Anton
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    I came here thinking about mad people in the forums :P
    EDIT: I must be one of those mads from Spellhold...
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    I don't seem to be getting my notifications now, despite my name being mentioned in a thread. It is far easier to get your instant notifications, then digging around in a thread and seeing that you missed a post!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Avenel If someone spells your name wrong, you won't be notified. Capital "i" looks an awful lot like a lowercase "L". Especially if you are like me, and older than the very fabric of the world itself. ;)
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    @LadyRhian
    That's the weird thing...my name was spelt right! I clicked on it in the post and it took me to my own page, so it was definitely a missing notification. And yet, I got *your* notification. *shakes head in bemusement* Weird stuff indeed.