Skip to content

Random Insta-Kill in Saradush?

ReliantReliant Member Posts: 30
I ran into a situation in Saradush. I took my party up on the wall and had those equipped with ranged weapons that do not require ammunition start killing the obscured Fire Giants. I had everyone go through a level-up cycle and then left to run an errand. I came back about 40 minutes later and the game was telling me that my main character had died. Tried again later and with no warning, the game removed everyone, my party and the militia from the wall and once again, I was informed my main character was dead.

Is there some kind of random insta-kill feature installed here to discourage grinding? If so, it's a cheap shot and would have been better to just remove the out-of-sight Fire Giants.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I don't think it's meant to happen quite like that. However, if you tackle the hidden Fire Giants from the left of the tower (as you look at it), then it should be safe, but if you're on the right of the tower, then the Giants will chuck occasional Fireballs at you, and obviously a few of those might wipe you out.
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 30
    I have the same thing happen and my party is all to the left of the main tower. I guess it
    s a new undocumented feature designed to discourage grinding.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,396
    @Reliant being hit by fireballs while in the open in Saradush has always been part of the game. Are your characters taking damage if immune to fire?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I've had the same thing happen there, left side shootin giants, been a while though. After it did this a few times I never tried it again. I'm pretty sure it wasn't not a fireball that hits, just insta-kill, game over.

As I mentioned in my other thread on insta-kills a while back, I've had many an insta-kill occur in a plain vanilla ee game as well, no mods, in all sorts of places that it never happened before, thieves maze, approachin path up the hill to Ulcaster, etc., etc., No reason or damage is ever shown behind the 'start again', just the game over screen.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,396
    If the character portraits disappear that's a bug. If the character portrait is still there, but just dead, I suspect that's the result of fireballs.