Skip to content

PS3 and Singstar...

moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
... anyone else horrified and annoyed by this piece of crap that has been installed onto your PS3. It's even now sitting at the top of your game section and is the first thing which is displayed when you fire up your PS3?

Plus you can't even uninstall the thing.

Words fail me...

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Don't know what you're talking about. My PS3 doesn't have anything like that.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I'd go talk to your little sister, mate.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited November 2012
    As per the latest update (in the UK anyway) an uninstallable demo of this tripe was downloaded and installed onto the PS3. It can't be removed, it always sits at the top of the Games menu and when the PS3 starts up it automatically displays this as the opening item.

It seems to be an EU thing. It's most annoying. It's perhaps the most unsubtle heavy-handed and completely inappropriate approach to advertising I've been exposed to, and I work in advertising.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/How-to-remove-SingStar-from-PS3-Version-4-30/td-p/17316502
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Well, that sucks.
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @decado: I know how you feel. I turned my PS3 on the other day for the first time in about 2-3 weeks, and there it was sitting there, taunting me. I hope it gets removed soon. I feel blighted.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    A targeted campaign would most likely have been far more effective. Everyone who has perhaps downloaded similar content from the store rather than napalm bombing their entire base.

It's the fact it can't be removed and how it is treated within the game menu which irks me.
  • IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    Meh, its annoying, but I'll live.