Skip to content

Item descriptions.

So I've been changing weapons and armour, and actually got some of it to do what I wanted it to. Next would be changing the descriptions. I thought this would be the easy part. You know, just describe what it's supposed to do and add some lines about who made the thing and why. Is it as easy as that? Or should I pay attention to things like string references and other riddles?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    semiticgoddessprofanitywarningKurona
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Thanks. But I don't think I'm ready to do anything in Weidu until I get things right in Near Infinity.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    If you really want to do it manually in NI, go to the Edit tab of your item and select Identified Description. You don't need to touch the string reference, just click on Edit in the lower box and it'll open a new window where you'll be able to edit the string.

Make sure to perform a backup of your dialog.tlk file before touching strings! It's located in your installation folder/lang/language (language being en_US if you're playing in English).

Honestly though it's a lot more convenient to do it in Weidu.
    profanitywarning
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Good! Not touching string references sounds like a great idea. Because I have absolutely no idea what they do and they scare me.
    Thank you both for your advice @subtledoctor and @Kurona
    I'll stick to Near Infinity for now, though it's starting to look like Weidu could be the next thing to learn more about.