Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Soundtracks for BGII:EE and IWD:EE now available! Read More
v2.3 for BG:EE, BGII:EE, and Siege of Dragonspear is here! Check out the highlights and full release notes HERE.
New to the forums? Well met! Please read the following rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!
Curious about our plan for the next update? Read more about it Here!
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear now available on Steam and GOG!
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is out! Order your copy at SiegeOfDragonspear.com!

Multiplayer: New game, who wants to join?

I am looking for 1-5 people interested in starting up a multiplayer game of Baldur's Gate, and however far through the series we manage to get.

Although I have been playing Baldur's Gate off and on since it first came out, this would be my first attempt at multiplayer. If anything, I am interested to see how others play through the game. I am sure there are some etiquette conventions that someone will need to tell me (how loot is shared among players, if auto-pause is used or not, etc).

I have gone through BG, TotSC, BG2, and ToB many times over the years. So many times that I could recite much of it from memory. I am currently working my way through Siege of Dragonspear for the first time, however, as part of a run from the beginning of the series to the end. This particular run is using the Legacy of Bhaal difficulty. I currently have zero mods installed, although I am putting together a list of mods that I plan to install later. I am sure that is something to coordinate with whoever joins.

I am usually available on weekdays before 2pm and after 9pm, Saturday after 7pm, and all day Sunday (Pacific time).
Cloutier

Comments

• therdretherdre Member Posts: 48
    I'd be interested in a full bg1 - bg2 runthrough on LOB, add me on steam (therdre). As far as mods go for multiplayer from what I've heard they don't seem to work too well
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 146
    Interested too. I'm Opimica on Steam.
    I'm looking for players committed to a playing schedule we agree upon beforehand.
  • SangreDeMuertosSangreDeMuertos Member Posts: 4
    If we can find a schedule that works, I am good to go. Both of you mentioned Steam. I don't have a Steam account, and didn't get BG through Steam, obviously. Are the versions compatible? Windows and Apple versions don't seem to be, unless that has changed since whatever post I read.

From what I am reading on this forum, multiplayer can be very difficult to set up. I don't remember it being that difficult in the past (LAN games, anyway). Can't you just create and join games with the multiplayer option in game? I did get a message about frame rates not matching between host and client when I tried to join one game. If that is something I will need to adjust (I think it said I was at 30), how do I adjust it?
    @SangreDeMuertos
    Steam is useful but not necessary. I have both versions - Steam and Mac App Store. I believe cross-platform is possible.
  • SangreDeMuertosSangreDeMuertos Member Posts: 4
    I am still interested in giving this a try. The version I have is from Beamdog directly as far as I know (basically same site as this forum, with no intermediates or go betweens), and I am using Windows.

I will continue to check for replies throughout today, and will continue to check periodically throughout this week. I would like to get this going by this weekend if possible.
  • ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 2
    edited February 10
    Hey, I recently got back into Baldur's gate after many years and I desperately want to try out multiplayer. I prefer to have some characters in the back, pref (Mage/thief, Cleric/Illusionist, or fighter/thief), but I'm really willing to fill any roles. In my opinion 3 people with 2 characters each would be best, but 6 players would be really fun too. Anytime after 7PM is usually good for me (central time, 8pm for you on east coast I believe)
    Post edited by Zagacious on
  • ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 2
    edited February 10
    Zagacious said:

Hey, I recently got back into Baldur's gate after many years and I desperately want to try out multiplayer....

If you guys wanna add me on Steam also mine is ezjm ( I already added Opimica and therdre) I didn't download baldur's gate from Steam but I joined a couple and see multiplayer is working, or email me ezjm427@gmail.com
    Post edited by Zagacious on
    @Zagacious I got your Steam invite, but can't play this week-end. Would love to start a playthrough in the next few days.