Skip to content

Changing the weather?

HuemHuem Member Posts: 4
Hi,

Is it possible to change the weather on all "outside" maps on BG:EE ?
Example: enabling permanent rain in all areas that are "outside" (forests, plains, cities, etc).

Thank you!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in theory I want to say yes? if you are using near infinity you can go into the "ARE" folder, select that outside area you want to modify then select the "edit" tab, and I see options for rain/snow/fog/lightning probability

so I assume if you change the rain probability to 100, it will rain all the time, the only problem is, you will manually have to do this with every outside area in the game
  • HuemHuem Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your answer!

Could you still help me a little bit?
    I did what you said, edited the option for "rain" on a area file (ARE) using Near Infinity, but it did not work.
    NI asked me to save the file to the override folder after changing the value of the rain value and I saved it. Then I loaded a game and went to the area (the Friendly Arm Inn map) but no sign of rain.
    Maybe because it is BGEE+BigWorldSetup? Or maybe I am doing something wrong?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited January 2017
    hmm, bizarre, later tonight, I will give it a go and see if I can make it happen ( I have to watch the season finale of Lucifer in about 20 minutes so I have to wait until that is over naturally :) )

Edit: so first of all, the season finale isn't until next Monday, and second I did some fiddling with NI and I also got the same result, I set rain to 100 for probability and it did nothing

it looks like if you want rain 100% of the time, you are going to have to make/edit the area script for that area to make it rain 100% all the time, only problem is; it's a bit out of my knowledge range on how to do that, although it does look doable since in the .ids files there is a weather one and rain is 1 so that's all I got for now
    Post edited by sarevok57 on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited January 2017
    Areas you have already visited at least once are not affected by your changes as their area files are included in the saved game. Moreover, weather conditions don't change instantly, so it may take quite some time before it starts raining on its own. You can force rainy weather by the script action StartRainNow(), however. Adding a block like this into the area script should make it possible:
    IF OR(2) OnCreation() PartyRested() THEN RESPONSE #100 StartRainNow() Continue() END
    A similar code is used to make it always rain in the starting area of ToB.
    Got it! Thanks to both of you!

Just one last question, do I need to change the rain probability too or just the script is enough?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    You should change rain probability too, or the rain will stop whenever the game checks weather conditions.
    Thank you!