Skip to content

Spell distribution - Which file?

AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
edited January 2017 in General Modding
Hello there,
which game file exactly tells the game, which spells a cleric or a wizard can cast (has access to in his spellbook)?

My problem is, that my cleric has an altered "Gate" spell which summons a Death Knight instead of a fiend.

I however want to install the atweaks pack which alters exactly that spell.

So I want to make a seperate version of the "Death Knight" spell so that I will be able to cast both spells when I have access to lvl 7 cleric spells.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2017

Get Near Infinity, then:
    - Browse the .SPL files, down to the "sppr7xx" range.
    - Find the Death Knight spell.
    - Click the "edit" button at the top of the window, and then click "export" at the bottom of the window.
    - In the export dialog box, make the override folder your target directory, and change the name of the .SPL. I would maybe just change the first three letters from "spp" to something unique like "zyx"
    - After exporting that .SPL into your override folder, close Near Infinity.
    - Install aTweaks.

Now I *think* your cleric will get access to both spells.

That's almost right.

But you need to keep the "sppr7xx" prefix. Specifically, "sppr7" tells the engine that the spell is a 7th level priest spell. The trick is to change the number following that prefix (i.e. the "xx" in "sppr7xx") that both a) is a number not used by another 7th level spell and b) is lower than 50.

Ping me ( by typing @grammarsalad) to remind me and I'll upload a quick mod that will do this automatically tonight or tomorrow
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    Oh wow, easier than I thought! Thanks guys!
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Wouldn't ADD_SPELL handle the unique numerical assignment? @Grammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Wouldn't ADD_SPELL handle the unique numerical assignment? @Grammarsalad

Yup. That's what I was going to do if asked