Skip to content

Definitive list of forced ability score changes?

Is there a condensed guide of all of the ability score changes, plus or minus, for BG2? Are the only forced changes during the Hell Trials? I know that for a good character, there will be a loss of DEX and a bonus to WIS and CHA for choosing the good path, but are there any others? I just want to make sure I can compensate ahead of time. Damn them for taking DEX.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    During your imprisonment by Irenicus in the aslyum as part of dream sequence you also choose to lose from a stat.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I hate that you loose something, just because of your alignment.
    That is the worst thing in BG 2, IMO. Because you don't choose a path, as your char would do (Role Play). You choose the one, that gives you the most profit (or the one, that you don't loose too much).
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yeah - but it's right at the end of SoA, so it doesn't really matter right?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Kirkor Well, that depends on how thoroughly you roleplay. It seems fairly natural that some decisions can't be made without painful consequences.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012
    I always lose constitution when I have the dream with Bhaal and I always gain strength from other parts of the game. Since I'm in my 5th playthrough with this character, the result is that my constitution is very low (5), while my strength is very high (24).

I'm a little curious what will eventually happen if I have negative constitution.

Also, I can't remember what it is, but I know I also lose something in that part of the Hell level where I have to choose between getting one of my NPCs killed and having my PC permanently lose stuff. If I have a big party, I'll just lose Imoen or some other poor schmuck that I brought just for that purpose, but if it's just me and Viconia I won't do anything to cause Her harm, so I'll just take the damage.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Don't all negative stats cause you to die instantly? Either that or they wrap around and give you 25.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Usually you'd have options though. Like, give up a level of experience or choose which stat to lose, or something.It's like, *Yoink!* There goes a point of Dex.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    You can also lose points with the machine in Watcher's Keep (and/or raise them by using it properly).