Skip to content

New game - alignment fluid

I want to share my first game in a few years (first BG:EE game) because I am really enjoying it and have some new experiences.

This playthrough I decided to continue playing even if an NPC I like gets killed and not use a previous save.

My toon: True Neutral Thief, Human.

Left Candlekeep as normal, Imoen joined on the road, then to the Friendly Arm. On the way I expected to encounter Xzar and Montaron but they were not present. Maybe they were moved? I like to have them to help with the fight on the front steps of the Friendly Arm, but luckily there were several guard who helped us out.

Picked up Khalid and Jahiera there, then headed south to Nashkel where my party was joined by Minsc (and Boo!). I then went to the gnoll stronghold, where Dynaheir joined our cause. Somewhere on the way back, Dynaheir was killed. Minsc immediately attacks Imoen and kills her.

I left Khalid and Jahiera in Nashkel and continued. At the carnival, I cured Branwen of her stone form and had her join the group.

I added and dropped Rassad, Garrick, and Kivan in the meantime. They just weren't all that impressive to me. Picked up Ajantis in High Hedge and had him for quite a while going through the Nashkel Mines. I planned on keeping Ajantis around but...

Out in the wilderness I ran into someone named Dorn Il Khan and felt he was pretty badass so I let him into the party. Ajantis protested furiously, left the party and attacked Dorn. Not a good move on the Paladin's part: Ajantis was killed. I was not aware that Dorn was a Blackguard!

So currently at 4 in the party: Charname, Minsc, Branwen, Dorn. Next destination- Cloakwood.

Reputation is 15. I am surprised I have not heard complaints from Dorn about that.
sarevok57Skarose

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    just watch out that your reputation doesn't get to high, if you hit 18 or 19 ( forget the exact number) he will leave your team for good
    SkaroseTM5000
  • TM5000TM5000 Member Posts: 15
    I was wondering when he would become uncomfortable with our rep.

No more good deeds for us for a while then.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    When in doubt, just brutally murder some random guy out and about. As long as the squirrels can see you do it and report it to the Harpers via Druids, you're rep will go down.
    SkaroseOrlonKronsteenXavioria
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    OMG @JumboWheat01 that is hilarious! and @TM5000 I hope you manage to get a couple more party members from the cloakwood!
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

When in doubt, just brutally murder some random guy out and about. As long as the squirrels can see you do it and report it to the Harpers via Druids, you're rep will go down.

But make sure no other NPC sees you otherwise they will turn everybody in the area hostile.
    A favourite of mine is the begger outside the Belching Dragon in Nashkel, at night.

The lazy sod begs when he can't even be bothered to look in the barrels or pick up dropped equipment to sell?
    Who's he kidding, obviously a nefarious individual up to no good.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    OP, you have no magic.
    Is Edwin still available when you have killed Dynaheir?
    edited February 2017
    Xavioria said:

OMG @JumboWheat01 that is hilarious! and @TM5000 I hope you manage to get a couple more party members from the cloakwood!

Something is buggy cuz I can't access Cloakwood.

I started a new game with a LE Monk and weird things are happening already.

The sword I retrieved for the guard in Candlekeep was broken when I tried to give it to him.

OP, you have no magic.
    Is Edwin still available when you have killed Dynaheir?

No magic? Please don't insult Branwen like that.

Regarding Edwin: I got snarky in conversation with him when we found Dynaheir and he left the party. I actually was going to kill her but he walks off screen too quickly to explain anything to him. Anyone know where he goes? I would like to have him rejoin and kill the witch.
    tbone1
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Generally if someone leaves the party of their own accord, they're gone for good.