Skip to content

gods... and how they walk around on the material plane (mild book spoilers)

Max_WangMax_Wang Member Posts: 53
i just wondering, how do gods like finder cyric and Iyachtu_Xvim get to walk around on the material plane so easily. then gods (imo) more powerful like bane and bhaal have to do complex rituals just to get an avatar set up? (like in darkwell) was finder actually on the material plane in finders bane or was it an avatar? and how does bane get pieces of him roaming around places like in finders bane or stormlight. when Iyachtu_Xvim took over that city he took over waterdeep? or when he was beneath the black keep as prisoner. was he actually there or again was it an avatar?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    As ignorant as I am when it comes to D&D lore, I think it comes down to their number of followers and their purpose in the Material Plane.
  • Max_WangMax_Wang Member Posts: 53
    on that note finder only had 1 priest he was a very very minor god. i remember finder saying that he didn't want to get involved in certain events to avoid the attention of other gods. im wondering if they can go anywhere but they all sneak around when they do and have sorta a pact with each other that they don't get directly involved in events.