Skip to content

Pai'na's lair?

What's the deal with those commoners that burst into spiders? They have their own names and you lose reputation if you manage to slay them before their move.

Are they just infested spider-filled corpses? Lifeless puppets somehow controlled by small spiders from the inside?

This part of the game is really whack. I find even Hell much less disturbing.
DJKajuruloliensemiticgoddess

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Are they just infested spider-filled corpses? Lifeless puppets somehow controlled by small spiders from the inside?

That's a really disturbing thought. Paina and Rejiek would makeba cute couple.
    Arctodusloliensemiticgoddess
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Well yeah, it seems they are somehow still alive, and their skin is crawling with the arachnids...I guess mercy-killing is not a valid option there for the good aligned.

Whelp, the graphics limitations of IE can be a boon sometimes. Just imagine Rejiek's hideout with realistic 3d graphics...that floating, skinned face in the water, those decaying, mutiliated bodies, worms and flies all over the place.
    loliensemiticgoddessDJKajuru
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    lunar said:

Well yeah, it seems they are somehow still alive, and their skin is crawling with the arachnids...I guess mercy-killing is not a valid option there for the good aligned.

Whelp, the graphics limitations of IE can be a boon sometimes. Just imagine Rejiek's hideout with realistic 3d graphics...that floating, skinned face in the water, those decaying, mutiliated bodies, worms and flies all over the place.

I used to play Halo, one of my favourite games.
    When the graphics improved, it became too stomach churning. There's a lot to be said for leaving some horrors to the imagination.