Skip to content

Favorite Familiars on Bards

So I got the urge to play some more Baldur's Gate after the longest time, and since I'm also in a Bard mood from my other game playing, I made a Bard, though a plain Bard, which is unlike me (I usually go for Skalds or Jesters.)

Naturally, I will grab the Find Familiar scroll, learn it, and have my familiar. Being Lawful Neutral, I'll get my personal favorite of those available to a Bard, the ferret.

What's your favorite familiar to have with your Bard (of any bardic stripe, naturally.)
AerakarCrevsDaak

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    None.

Really! I am appalled by the lack of frogs, toads, snakes, salamanders, as well as all the other adorable non-mammalian critters. At least give us the ooze mephit dammit!
    AerakarCrevsDaak
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Unfortunately, Faerie Dragons are Chaotic Good familiars. They would be perfect for Bards, I agree.
    tbone1CrevsDaak
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,364
    edited February 2017
    A silly rabbit of course! If you don't have a thief with you it can do a commendable job disabling traps. It does even better if you use the lucky bard song and a luck spell (or the Lucky Scimitar).
    AerakarCrevsDaaksarevok57
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited February 2017
    Cats!!
    I mean, they are so cute.......
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2017
    Balrog99 said:

A silly rabbit of course! If you don't have a thief with you it can do a commendable job disabling traps. It does even better if you use the lucky bard song and a luck spell (or the Lucky Scimitar).

Let's not forget that they can backstab the enemy for massive* damage.

* Mass being relative, of course. This statement has not been approved by the FDA (Faerun Dungeoncrawlers' Administration).
    CrevsDaakSkatan
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Balrog99 said:

* Mass being relative, of course. This statement has not been approved by the FDA (Faerun Dungeoncrawlers' Administration).
    I've seen a Ferret backstab for 74 damage (max roll, on a crit vs. a target without helmet) on this forums, so Rabbits aren't that far probably.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    CrevsDaak said:

I've seen a Ferret backstab for 74 damage (max roll, on a crit vs. a target without helmet) on this forums, so Rabbits aren't that far probably.

You could always cast Strength on it to do a little more, of course.
    CrevsDaak
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,364

Balrog99 said:

That rabbit's dynamite! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade...
    CrevsDaakAbi_Dalzimabacustbone1
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Unfortunately, Faerie Dragons are Chaotic Good familiars. They would be perfect for Bards, I agree.

Yeah, that's right, I forgot about that since I haven't played a bard since the Cubs last won the Wor--

Dang, I need a new exaggeration now.
    Grond0JumboWheat01