Skip to content

invincible carrion crawler

I'm playing BGII on an iPad, and I'm almost done with the "sword in the sewers" quest. I just have to kill Quallo's carrion crawler. But when I click on the crawler, my character interacts with it as an NPC and tries to start a conversation. The response is always "The carrion crawler has nothing to say to you." Only Aerie was able to get a response by hitting the crawler with a flame strike. That did not appear to injure the crawler, and it proceeded to attack and kill her - during which time she still could not interact with it as an enemy. What am I doing wrong here?

Comments

• WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Force attack it with the party should be fine.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    To attack a non-hostile person or creature (i.e. one whose circle hasn't turned red) you first have to click on a weapon in your quick weapon slot to make the weapon icon turn red.
    (Apologies if I'm stating the blindingly obvious here.)
  • hornedhelmethornedhelmet Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I took the kludgy route of summoning a skeleton to kill it. I did not know about clicking on the weapon! There are lots of technical tricks the manual tells you nothing about. Still not sure how to split up a group of health potions, for example, so that they can be divvied up among party members.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Double click it
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ThacoBell said:

Double click it

im going to assume double tap it? since you are on an ipad

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh, that might be different, yeah.