Skip to content

Shouldn't Blackguards with high reputation fall from "grace"?

I mean, considering that it's like a paladin kit it would make sense that a high reputation would make them lose their Blackguard status.Besides, that would balance the kit a bit, don't you think?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    There is a vast difference between both sides though: Paladins pledge their souls to their deity. While Blackguards sold their soul to their patron... making them effectively soulless. Mechanically... there is always a way out, like a certain Dorn choice. But that would require more than high reputation for Gorion's Ward imho.

Even for those Blackguards who follow argueable silvertongued patrons, such as Asmodeus or Graz'zt, their vile reputation shouldn't exceed a certain number.... so I think it would be best to just cap reputation gain for Blackguards altogether at 12. To me, that would at least make much more sense than buying redemption through donating alms at a local church and become a Fallen Blackguard.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    I dislike the way reputation works period. I definitely don't want more crap linked to it.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

There is a vast difference between both sides though: Paladins pledge their souls to their deity. While Blackguards sold their soul to their patron... making them effectively soulless. Mechanically... there is always a way out, like a certain Dorn choice. But that would require more than high reputation for Gorion's Ward imho.

Even for those Blackguards who follow argueable silvertongued patrons, such as Asmodeus or Graz'zt, their vile reputation shouldn't exceed a certain number.... so I think it would be best to just cap reputation gain for Blackguards altogether at 12. To me, that would at least make much more sense than buying redemption through donating alms at a local church and become a Fallen Blackguard.

Makes sense, I was actually treating the BG Blackguard as 3rd edition equivalent, who serves a god and doesn't necessarily "sells" his soul.