Skip to content

[Spoilers] SR+SCS crash in Adalon's lair [Spoilers]

HaranHaran Member Posts: 66
edited February 2017 in BGII:EE Mods
I'm playing BGII with SR, SCS, unfinished business, and probably a few other mods.
I got Adalon's eggs from the drow city. When I talk with her everything goes as expected until she changes shape into humanoid form. From there on the game is stuck in cut-scene mode and I can't do anything to initiate the continuation of the dialogue.
Any suggestions?
Attached my last save.

Comments

• HaranHaran Member Posts: 66
    Bumpity bump? Please help?
    I tried all sorts of things and here are my findings so far:
    If I kick someone from my party and talk with adalon before they initiate the leaving dialogue, this will break the cutscene and the game will go on, but I can't initiate dialogue with adalon who is just standing there in humanoid form.
    If I then save and load the game I will be able to talk with adalon but she will react as if I haven't finished the quest yet, and since I dont have the eggs (they disappeared the first time I talked with her) she'll just say I failed the quest.
    Even if I use EEkeaper to add the eggs to the new save, the same thing happens. She takes the eggs and the game is stuck in cutscene mode
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Posting WeiDU log is usually a good idea when something doesn't work with mods installed...

After which step exactly does it freeze?

1) Adalon transforms into human form
    2) PC's drow illusion disappears
    3) Party members' drow illusions disappear
    4) Adalon says "Now I shall bring us near the surface... to the ruins I guard." in overhead text
    5) Party teleports to the exit

If it's after the step 2, then try to remove SPIN830.SPL file from the override folder.
    Thanks!

What is a WeiDU log?

It happens just after Adalon transforms into human form. My party is no longer in drow form since the illusion was removed by the matron mother when I attacked her during the ritual. There is however, right after Adalon transforms, the restoration-like visual effect on my whole party which I assume is supposed to be when the drow illusions disappear.
    The game does not freeze, instead the game keeps running but is in cutscene mode, and the overhead text you mentioned does not appear.

I'll try your suggestion and see if it works.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Haran said:

What is a WeiDU log?

Look in the same directory in which you've installed the mods (the one with the override folder and the chitin.key file), there should be a file named WeiDU.log. Post it's contents here.