Skip to content

How do I disable debug mode once it's been activated?

Because I screwed up the precise sequence of events required to recruit both Edwin and Minsc by talking to Edwin before recruiting Dynaheir, I activated Debug Mode and spawned a new Edwin with Dynaheir in my party to recruit him. Ever since then, I have been unable to turn off Debug Mode. I have deleted the line from baldur.lua, I have changed the end of the line from 1 to 0, but neither of these things worked. Debug Mode made the background of the world map turn black, which looks awful, and I want to be rid of it. What do I do?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I think you might have changed or touched something else. My recommendation is, if you're not using any mods, repair the installation.
  • Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    I installed a huge number of mods. The only thing I did before the black map triggered was enable debug mode. I had another copy of BG2/EET with a slightly different mod set and it is now affected too.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    see if that black background is in another save, if not, then what probably happened is that you must have accidently activated something with debug mode when you spawned in some dudes,

and if that is the scenario, then you are going to have to experiment and with your crtl + ( keys) and see if that helps, or maybe set a global or locals or something