Curious about our plan for the next update? Read more about it Here!
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear now available on Steam
[spoilers] Things to watch out for when importing a custom character into BG2EE?
I played through BGEE with a half-elf fighter/mage main char using exclusively bows. I'd like to continue with this character in BG2EE except:
- I'd like to skip SoD.
- I'd like to modify the character to be an elf instead, plus correct some mistakes in my initial choice of stats.
With that intent I exported my character from before I killed Sarevok and was playing around in the .CHR file, seeing how to modify its race and stats before importing in BG2.
- Does it make a difference whether I import a character, or play through SoD to have it automatically imported to BG2EE?
- Can I simply change the race byte of the exported character and get the correct bow and sleep/charm resistance modifiers, or are they saved in different sections of the file?
- Any discrepancies that may happen due to the fact that I export my character *before* killing Sarevok and import it in BG2EE, vs. playing through SoD with the automatically transferred character?
- Also: I noticed my end-game character having some effects set in the exported .CHR file which don't appear in a freshly created and immediately exported character. Some story mode variable called "OHSMLOC". Does the presence or absence of this effect in the .CHR file make any difference when exporting/importing?
Thanks in advance. As you may notice, I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to such things; I don't want to lose any gameplay content (dialogues etc.) just because I didn't want to play through SoD...