Skip to content

Any way to change XP reward distribution?

cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
Hi, is there any way to change the amount of xp charname takes out of all kills and quests. I guess "Quest experience points" would be excluded.

So, say I finish a quest or kill a monster and the party of 5 is given 700xp. Usually it is split evenly and everyone would get 140xp, charname and each of the NPCs. Can I change the distribution so charname gets 300xp and each of the NPCs gets 100xp? Or alternatively, just increase the amount charname takes - so out of 700xp the NPCs would get 140xp each, but charname would get 420xp (three times the amount allocated to it) even though the sum exceeds the 700?

I know I could do that manually through the console by adding xp to charname but I'm looking for something that would do it automatically. I'd like to have a go with FMT charname that wouldn't fall far behind the rest of the party in ToB.

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    You can't alter how the XP is distributed between members but you can artificially inflate the amount Charname takes. You need EEKeeper for that.

Open your save file, select Charname and go to the Effects tab. Click the "Add" button and select Stat: Experience Points [104]. Now add the following properties:

Target: Self
    Flags: Instant, Permanent
    Dispel/Resistance: Cannot Dispel/Can Bypass Resistance
    Statistic Modifier: Here you put the % increase you want. If you type 200 Charname will gain double experience
    Type: 2
    Time and Probability can stay at their default value.

The downside of this method is that all experience will be multiplied for Charname, even quest XP so it can take you a while to figure out the right multiplier to get the leveling speed you want.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @Kurona, this is perfect. I'll reduce the XP the party gains to 75% with some mod, then give the PC 300% modifier and for a 6 player party the total xp would end up pretty much exactly the same as the unmodded amount but redistributed 3-1-1-1-1-1. Exactly what I was after!
    Edit: Ops, I'm assuming that the XP amount is reduced first to 75%, then the 12.5% of the total that goes to the PC is modified 300% to 37.5% of the original xp reward. Maybe the mod works by setting this same modifier to 75% to the whole party? So I would need to set the modifier for the PC to 225% in order for the experience to be distributed 3-1-1-1-1-1. Will try and see. Now I finally have a FMT that keeps up with the party!

Also, thanks @subtledoctor, I don't see how I could do the XP thing with that mod but I like a lot the Stat Bonus Overhaul and the Hit Dice Overhaul, I'll certainly use these in my next playthrough. I wonder how I've managed to miss these for so long.
    Post edited by cdx on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    How about the old-fashioned way: you leave the party behind and reap the juiciest rewards on your own for a while?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @chimeric Yep, hehheh

But in general D&D always had the divide experience equally rule.

It does not resolve the 'FREE RIDER' problem obviously, but RL pirates had good ideas on keeping that to a minimum(not getting a share of the haul was the biggest incentive to give there all).

Dropping and adding members as mentioned is the easiest way though.
  • LyingInTheCornfieldLyingInTheCornfield Member Posts: 6
    Kurona wrote: »
    You can't alter how the XP is distributed between members but you can artificially inflate the amount Charname takes. You need EEKeeper for that.

Open your save file, select Charname and go to the Effects tab. Click the "Add" button and select Stat: Experience Points [104]. Now add the following properties:

Statistic Modifier: Here you put the % increase you want. If you type 200 Charname will gain double experience

The downside of this method is that all experience will be multiplied for Charname, even quest XP so it can take you a while to figure out the right multiplier to get the leveling speed you want.

Am I doing this right? Where is the "statistic modifier" setting? I feel like we're using two different programs. Can anyone help me out?
  • MewgiusMewgius Member Posts: 7
    Kurona wrote: »

Am I doing this right? Where is the "statistic modifier" setting? I feel like we're using two different programs. Can anyone help me out?

You need to set the "Type" field to "Stat: Experience Points [104]" which you can find in the dropdown menu. That should assign some labels to the two blank fields on the right-hand side; specifically, the top one will be "Statistic Modifier" (where you put the percentage modifier), and the second one will be "Type" (where you put "2" to change "Statistic Modifier" to function correctly).

Here's an example screenshot:
    dss66cwkfy4z.png