Skip to content

Custom Content Thread - The Road to Solving the decades old problem

KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
edited March 2017 in General Modding
Now from what I've seen & read over the years that many modders have hit the wall when it comes to custom content. Where it be creatures, maps, spells, and other misc. work. Most of the modders are forced to use recycled material, and I can't help, but wonder..."does it have to be that way"?

So I decided why not create a thread where we can solve this issue for many of the aging mods that would require it? Where can we find Artist resources, how much will it cost or is the person willing to work for free on it? How many communities out there could work in collaboration to help with mods?

This thread will help bounce around ideas, and solutions.

One solution is possibly work with the Modders over at the Neverwinter Nights Vault, they are currently still active, and have a lot modding experience under their belt. It is possible they could tinker around with the infinity engine to see what can be done, and what cannot be done with their experience in creature modeling, and object modeling (such as desks, chests, etc).

Personally I would love to see the Forest of Lost Souls from Darkside of the Sword Coast turn into one of the most creepy looking forests one day.
Post edited by Kaliesto on
lolienCrevsDaakGrammarsalad