Skip to content

Alignment: which one suits you?

2»

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2018
    Actually, I believe Lawful Neutral is "The Law above all". Sort of like Judge Dredd, actually.
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54
    My typical character type is neutral good. just focus on doing what's right without much concern about order vs chaos. But mixing it up can be fun.
  • wongoliwongoli Member Posts: 8
    Probably chaotic good. I value absolute freedom and true authenticity but, at the same time, I understand you have to make sacrifices for whats best for the world. It's constant trade between being free vs what's actually good for society.

The whole alignment system can get pretty deep.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    edited February 2019
    I find it easy to play Chaotic Good but as of late I've been drawn to Neutral Evil Characters.

When the morality of CG is stripped and converted from "doing what is right" to "doing what's in your best interests with minimal negative consequences" it makes for interesting RP.

Add a tinge of societal cynicism into the pot and that's brew for a compelling character. NE strangely comes easier to me besides CG which I feel is a tad boring at this point.

In real life I don't know what alignment I'd be categorized as but if something like a zombie outbreak happened where it was everyone for themselves morality is out the window for me.
    Post edited by Noloir on
  • VolatileVolatile Member Posts: 81
    Chaotic Neutral defines me the best.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I first played chaotic good, years ago, because I considered it easy for beginners and closest to my personality.
    Observing myself I noticed I'm much more lawful than I thought, and in an ideal world I would like to be Lawful Good. I don't always manage to be 100% lawful, not as opposed to criminal but as opposed to sceptical towards authority persons, and in games I like paladins because it's how I'd like to be in an ideal world.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited April 2019
    in the original game always mage, single dual or multi class, always lawful neutral and liking to have a little furry companion, always cheating stuff beyond checkpoints, stuff that i actually never used a single time, only for the fun to do it.

jokes apart i don't care at all about the alignment, at least of the choices given by the game, i chose an alignment that can be set if i play a pally or a druid or as i almost always play arcane casters depends on the familiar i like, anyway never an evil one.

then i rp the class trying to rp myself being in that fantasy world and in that class. and as in my rl i am probably very chaotic in some aspects and very lawful in others but mostly good oriented also in the game is completely impossible for me to rp evil or to associate myself with some evil npcs. i can have viconia in the party, and then i romance her and
    wait to have her alignment change
    i had korgan in the party as he is evil but is honest about it, he is a mercenary and ask money to join me, rp certain classes i can accept the deal as he is a competent fighter. but a member of the red wizards of thay, a vampire or a blackguard that deal with demons have not place in my party.

if i play cleric i always play good, in the case of a cleric the alignment actually matters with the stronghold, and the choices i have to do with lathander are exactly the same hints i would give to some one asking me the same questions in the rl. playing the neutral or evil cleric stronghold quest i surely would fail as i would give lathander like answers-

probably is my inability to rp anything but myself is the reason why i don't care about the in game alignment, i can not close myself in any of the 9 prisons that are the 9 alignment choices given, i like to have freedom, fresh air around me, not walls of a prison, the prison of what i have to be. i like to surprise myself and to discover new aspects of me, sometimes in rl other people like to think that i do things to surprise them, to look strange. as a matter of fact i don't care at all of what they think about me, to care of it is the worst prison you can put yourself in...

from a deeper point of view i am not something-good, but true neutral, not cause i believe that there has to be a balance in the force or similar bullshit, but cause in my shop, like in banzan's one, every fish is the best fish...
    in this neutrality i happen to find more natural acting good so i let my nature flow.
  • Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
    Definitely Lawful Neutral. It is not about following "the law" as much as it is about having a solid ethical / moral compass which dictates my decisions. I'm very reluctant to deviate from that position because it allows for a sense of balance and knowing that I'm on track with the person i want to be in life.

Why neutral? Because good and evil are largely perception. If you are on the loosing side of a war the conquer seems pretty evil. If you are the rabbit the wolf seems evil. etc But if you were the wolf then you were fed and were able to nurse your pups. The ex-husband of my wife feels i'm pretty evil, however our son thinks I walk on water.... Perception.

Just my take on alignment, your mileage may vary.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Maybe neutral or lawful evil. I always seems the world in a pragmatical and logical way. I also can be chaotic neutral or good if needed :D