Skip to content

Use Item button always greyed out

Hi,

I have a macbook pro OS 10.11.6 running baldur's gate II enhanced edition version 1.3 and I'm in the first level of Shadows of Amn. The use items button is always greyed out so I can't insert the energy cells in the dead tanks nor can I use the activation stone to activate the sewage golem so I am stuck and basically I wasted my money on this game. The other modules in the enhanced edition have the same problem.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Most quest-related items do not in fact require you to use the item via the hotbars, they just require you to have the required item in your inventory as you click to interact with the option/NPC in question (there are a few exceptions).
    tbone1
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Gern said:

Hi,

I have a macbook pro OS 10.11.6 running baldur's gate II enhanced edition version 1.3 and I'm in the first level of Shadows of Amn. The use items button is always greyed out so I can't insert the energy cells in the dead tanks nor can I use the activation stone to activate the sewage golem so I am stuck and basically I wasted my money on this game. The other modules in the enhanced edition have the same problem.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Very few items are used like this, any quest items are "used" simply by having them with you when you speak to the NPC in question or interact with whatever it is they are required for, usually a door. For the Sewage Golem you simply speak to him and picking the correct dialogue (they are obvious) will activate him. This is an extremely old game, you should not expect fancy interactions with quest items.

Use Items is reserved for any worn equipment that has a daily charge, example would be Cloak of the Sewers, the shapeshift forms it has are activated via Use Items menu.