Skip to content

Mod setups/updating mods

ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
Does updating a mod in a setup greatly effect the other mods already installed by weidu? I ask because if I update one, such as an NPC mod, weidu unistalls every mod and then reinstalls it. At least that is what it looks like it is doing. During this reinstallation process I notice alot of warnings to various setup strings and whatnot.

At the end of the process everything seems to reinstall sucessfully(as mentioned by weidu) but some of the sucesses caome listed with warnings.

Is it safer to just uninstall everything and then reinstall every mod again? Seems like a time consuming process but that may just be the way things work best.

I still prefer to install myself at this time, and am not prepared to go BWS.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    That explains it pretty well. Being new to mods and finding a new one every once in a while I like to try it, or testing out modders doing new work in beta to help.
    That sounds like good advice though, updating only if a mod has made significant changes rather than every little T getting crosses with each update.
    Yep , sure does bugger up a good mod kitted character, hehheh.
    Thanks
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    You can also make multiple copies of the game on your hard drive, so you can keep your old mod setup going while trying out a new mod setup.
    Another question.
    if every mod is uninstalled and a vanilla kit still shows up as modified does this mean the base files have been lost and not returned to vanilla settings?
    I figure 1) download BG from beamdog again
    or
    2) go ahead and reinstall the mod because I was going to in the first place.

Ex. RR changes the base abilities of the thief kits. When evertyhing was uninstalled the vanilla game KEPT the same modded changes. (now I am going to add RR again but am curious about this).
    Thanks doc, the operation went fine. But I will get a clean copy to keep in cold storage.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You can also click the little gear icon in the launcher and "verify files". It goes through your installation and reverts your game to initial state. Keep your mods backed up as this will remove them.
    @ThacoBell is that the Weidu launcher or BG itself?
    Good deal. Got mine from Beamdog. I'll keep an eye out for this 'gear'.