Skip to content

A little help with ordering

MaranMaran Member Posts: 42
edited March 2017 in BGII:EE Mods
I *loath* asking for help, especially with BG2 modding, which I used to know fairly well. At least back before BG2:EE. And that's alright, never hurts to learn something new. So I could really appreciate some help :smile:

So here's my request for help. I can't find any clear cut method I understand to install a handful of mods I'm gonna list here. Effectively, I'm asking for help with order and instructions to make sure they all cooperate.

Ascension
SCS
aTweaks
Anthology Tweaks
Spell Revisions
Item Upgrade

What's really got me confused is SCS and Ascension. I don't know what order or what special directions I need. I also know SR and IU are either 'in progress' or not fully compat, but I know they used to work before the updates I have been MIA from.

Edit: Simple clarification fix

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Okay lets see here:

1.Ascension goes first. Always.
    2. Typically you want item mods next
    3. this is where it gets a little muddled for me. I don't use SCS but it changes a LOT of things, so I believe you want it before other tweak mods. I'd definitealy get another opinion on it.
    4. Spell revisions goes next
    5. Anthology tweaks foes last.

This is the general order I use for my own modding and don't typically run into issues.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2017
    Ascension
    Item Upgrade
    Spell Revisions
    SCS
    aTweaks
    Anthology Tweaks

That's the install order you're looking for (it's the one I use/would recommend). Anyway, as long as you install both Tweaks (Anthology Tweaks and aTweaks) after SCS and the rest of the mods (Spell Revisions, Item Upgrade and Ascension) before SCS you should be good.

Edit: also, use the Revised SCS for SR (link: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28249&page=1), not the classic SCS, at least until SCS v31 is released.
  • MaranMaran Member Posts: 42
    Thanks so much guys. :)