Skip to content

Urgency of NPC Missions

Hi All, i'm being bugged by both Nalia and Korgan to start their personal missions immediately
Does it matter which order I do them in?
Are they likely to give up on me if I don't start them as soon as they'd like?
Any help appreciated as I'd like to keep them both in my party...

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    with nalia's mission, all you need to do is go to the d'arnise hold and speak with daleson ( at least I believe that is what his name is, he is a servant that you find pretty quickly in the hold) and soon as you speak with him, you can take your time with nalia's mission

with korgan he is going to push you pretty hard to continue with his, so I would suggest perhaps going into the graveyard, go down into the tunnels, finish that off, then go over to nalias hold, find daleson, speak with him, then finish off korgans mission, and then you should be good to go with no one rushing you to do things afterwards
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Eldrane said:

Hi All, i'm being bugged by both Nalia and Korgan to start their personal missions immediately
    Does it matter which order I do them in?
    Are they likely to give up on me if I don't start them as soon as they'd like?
    Any help appreciated as I'd like to keep them both in my party...

A lot of NPCs will bug you about their missions. Sometimes they really mean it. Sometimes if you ignore them long enough, they just drop it. Yoshimo is an example of an "ignore him and he'll drop it" NPC. So is Minsc. (Part of the reason these two drop it is because the quests they push you towards aren't actually "personal" quests at all; they're just regular quests and the developers used the NPCs to issue reminders in case you were at a loss for where to go next.)

Korgan and Nalia both fall in the "they really mean it" camp. If you ignore them long enough, they *will* bail on you. A day or two before you reach that point they'll give you a very strongly worded plea that should serve as your cue to either resolve their quest immediately or start looking for a replacement.

Luckily, they both judge based on in-game time, not play time, so as long as you aren't resting a ton or traveling outside of Athkala too much, (where you can easily rack up several days worth of travel time in a couple minutes), you should have a while before things go south. And Korgan's quest in particular is really quick to resolve.

I also wouldn't ignore Edwin if he starts complaining, either. I think he's the only other one who will leave you if you're taking too long for his liking, (though I'll admit that I've never pushed Valygar, Cernd, or Haer'Dalis). Additionally, if you adventure with people for a while, usually something important will come up that they have to deal with, and all of those quests will have a timer, too. Quick rule of thumb is if it involves someone's family, you aren't going to want to keep them waiting.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Valygar will never complain or bail on you even if you stall the Planar Sphere quest. In fact, if you bring him to the end without doing his quest you get slightly different dialogue options.

Cernd complains, but I don't think he ever leaves.

Haer'Dalis will walk out on you if you never return to the playhouse with his gem.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    If the personal mission gets added to my quest list and I then drop them from my party does the timer go on hold until I ask them to rejoin?
  • Toot83Toot83 Member Posts: 20
    I don't know about Korgan's quest (mainly because I either do it before he starts to complain or ignore the bloodthirsty dwarf completely), but Nalia doesn't excactly "walk out", she gets frustrated by your low pace and travels ahead to wait for you in De'Arnise castle/keep/stronghold/whatever big building it is.