Skip to content

Desktop or Tablet

Which platform do you think will be your first choice?

In a perfect world, for me, it would be desktop at home and then continue the game on the tablet when out and about. Hope they get that 'cloud' game thing happening soon after ship!

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    PC for sure, but I might buy it for the iPad too.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    PC and only PC. I do not posses iPad, and the only type of tablets I like are graphical tablets.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    If the release dates line up favorably, BG:EE is an instant purchase on my iPad.

OS X, very likely.

Windows, only if the other two are severely delayed & I start reading on the forums about how much fun everybody is having with the new game.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2012
    I'm going with the game on PC.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    PC but I'll probably end up playing more on Android out of necessity so it's really nice that there's a version for it.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    Its very uncomfortable to play for extended amount of times on a tablet. I dont have a tablet but I do have a 3DS XL and games on my smartphones, and my arms eventually get sore without a chair.

Tablets are much heavier and bulkier too, I couldnt imagine playing a game like BG on one of those.

Unluckily I'm using a windows phone, dont think it will ever come to that :(
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    iPad 3 firstly. Why? Ive played BG many times in the past, but I think the new touch interface will give a new feel for the gameplay. Without a mouse and keyboard I think the flow of the game will be quite. A bit different. It will be cool to try it out in a few short weeks.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    PC because the ergonomics of my home office setup with a nice desktop monitor, comfortable chair, surround sound, using a mouse, etc., give me the best experience for this game by far. That said, I'll be intruiged to see how the game plays on an iPad. But I'm sure that won't be my main platform for playing BG:EE.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I'll be gaming on my Macbook Air, maybe Windows in Bootcamp initially, if BGEE comes out first on that, but I'll definitely be getting the Mac OS X version. Prefer using a good precision mouse with some extra assignable buttons (e.g. Razer Deathadder: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-deathadder) for such games, or even just the Macbook Air trackpad, which is still pretty good, when on the move.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    PC as I don't have tablet ;)
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    My desktop.. but well I will be playing it on my tablet aswell.. but first play will 100% be desktop
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    still trying to figure that out. i have note 10.1 and i think i will be getting bg:ee for it, but i expect most moddability and best performance out of pc version.

regardless, really like the idea of portable bg:ee.
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    I am going to do an Elven Ranger (Archer) game on my desktop and a Kensai/Mage on the tablet. By the time they figure out Cloud saves, I can then focus on my fav!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    PC
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2012
    Def PC. I find tablets uncomfortable playing games on; non-ergonomic, obstructing the scenery with fingers, greasy finger prints and whatnot.
    I dont even have a tablet, for those reasons.
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    iPad....which is by far the most comfortable gaming platform Ive experienced. You can't stretch out on the couch on the PC, etc. A decent case that will prop it up is nice, plus a stylus is helpful.
  • griffianogriffiano Member Posts: 26
    Desktop everytime, something about playing this game with a mouse and keyboard that is just so natural. I will be buying this game for both my PC and IPad however so I can play it at boring moments in my life ie Weddings, work and time with the girlfriend ;)
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    Playing games on an iPad at a wedding?
    Good thing you already have a gf lol....
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Foremost on PC. I do own a 7" Android tablet, but I wonder if the game will play well on a 7". BG seems to me a game that will play better on a 10", but a 10" tablet isn't easily stuffed into the side-sleeve of a backpack when travelling, so I picked a 7" and don't know if I'll buy BGEE for it.
  • mjellymjelly Member Posts: 10
    I pre-ordered for pc, but im even considering buying an Ipad for this game alone, this game is worth it.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I'm getting it for PC. My laptop specifically. I don't have a tablet or a mac or anything else.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I am considering getting a Windows Surface tablet; I'm very interested to see how the game plays on a touch screen.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Got a andreoid tablet for this, so it's going to be tablettooo
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    PC for me but curious to see how it'll actually play on iPad. Might wait for couple reviews / feedback before getting it.

Side note: especially interested to see how iPad in general will go if BGEE and BG2EE are a success. Influence other developers to bring their games over?
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Instead of investing in a tablet, I just ordered a new 27" desktop monitor. Yikes!
  • griffianogriffiano Member Posts: 26

Playing games on an iPad at a wedding?
    Good thing you already have a gf lol....

Admit it........you are thinking about it now lol
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Hell I'm thinking about buying a tablet to play bg on it at MY wedding next year!
  • VaryahenVaryahen Member Posts: 224
    PC, always PC.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    ...I might actually go to more family events if I could bring Baldur's Gate...