Skip to content

Directions help

After spending too much time trying to find my way between areas of the city of Baldur's Gate, I need some directions. I speak of the quest involving Narlen where my group has to travel from Theives' Guild in area 800 to area 300( as noted in the walkthough location guides) i have a line map of the travel modes between areas, but is there a more certain way of going from the area of main BG where the Thieves' Guild is to the Blushing Mermaid araa? The W/T tells me to go to the northern area, then go to the east border, but there is no travel mode there.
When I make the travel jumps, I always appear in the wrong place, maybe on the wrong side of the city wall, o some similar block. Is there some step I am missing in all this wandering around? Trying out border modes to see where I wind up is frustrating.
I have a good map of BG city, and the line map; they tell me where I should go but not how, at least not reliably.
Help! (signed) Frustrated Gorris, lost in the travel nodes.

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @gorris75 you will like Dudleyvilles maps and walkthrough, just use as much or little as you want but his maps of the whole BG world is pretty good.
    Just TRY not to read to many of the description cause it does have ALOT OF SPOILERS but he does name locations well.

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/index.htm

Entrance locations just take a little time to work with.