Skip to content

Wild mage mod opinion needed

SmoothgoalSmoothgoal Member Posts: 34
edited March 2017 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi guys,

I need a bit of opinion.

As you know a Wild mage can create a 'chain' of simulacrums and projected images to cast Limited Wish for potentially "unlimited" spells.

But I find that this process is both extremely annoying, especially when you try to cast LimWish through NRD, and a bit balance breaking(overpowered), because the projected images actually duplicate your spells.

The purpose of the mod I'm making is to create an immobile variants of the Project Image/Simulcarum that would automatically do it, skipping the Djinny conversations, until the PI/Sim's spells or durations runs out.

I already have this as a base for the mod, but i don't want to make my simulacrums/PIs to completely autocast as many LimWishes as the game allows(which is broken and overpowered).

So i'm thinking of two options and i need your opinion on them:

1) Make the auto-casting completely through the PIs and make them consume the spells of their casters(either charname or the simulacrum that casted it - mostly to be used on the simulacrums), but also allow the Limited Wish to restore spells of the simulacrums.

This version seems most close to common logic as it will allow you to have no more than 3 PIs(per the mod-spell cast) to restore your spells every few seconds. But i wonder if restoring the simulacrum's spells isn't an overkill. Note that more than 50% of the NRD will fail to cast LimWIsh.

2) To cause all Projected images use Charname's spells regardless which simulacrum casted it. This seems more close to balance, but kinda breaks immersion, because the PI is supposed to drain its caster's spells(the simulacrum) and not some other creature's spells.

3) Maybe your some other solution?

Post edited by Smoothgoal on