Skip to content

Let's talk about making Icewind Dale II - Unfinished Business

KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
edited March 2017 in General Modding
1) What unused areas could exist in the data?
2) Any broken quest lines?
3) Broken characters?
4) Lost spells?
5) Lost items?
6) Lost creatures?

Far as I know there is no UB for IWD2 yet, and I'm wondering could possibly be in the data, someone on SHS referenced there is unused areas a decade ago, but I don't know how accurate that statement is. Also if for some reason Beamdog does decide to enhance it (which I don't think it is likely) then anything listed here by the community would be very beneficial.

EDIT:

Looks like I was wrong, there is this modification done by Almateria called IWD2 Fixpack, but could be anything more left to fix in Icewind Dale 2 besides what she found? Anything the modding community missed?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    There's a bunch of stuff I know of but didn't have the willpower to implement it due to horrible table-generated nature of IWD2 items! Mostly armors with wrong AC...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited February 2018
    -The game needs more armor diversity. There is a lack of good heavy magical armor throughout the game.

-Cleric touch spells (cause wounds, slay living, harm etc.) are bugged. They create weapons that have fixed, very low dc so they do not benefit from caster's wisdom or spell focus feats. Makes these spells nigh useless because everyone resists them except at a roll of 1. Same goes for the few mage touch spells. Those spells must be fixed as to they cast the real spell upon succesful hit, thus benefitting from caster's stats/feats. Or just make all these spells 'touch range' spells, like iwd 1 did.

-Time travel cave, cursed woods labyrinth, the whole ice temple stage needs to be redone to be a bit less annoying. They are fun for the first playthrough, but are very tedious in next playthroughs.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited February 2018
    I remember trying to mod iwd2 and finding it to be very hard coded. Iirc, altering many of the existing 2das does nothing. So, no intimidate boni for half orcs (easily)

I would be interested in working on this, however:

-Cleric touch spells (cause wounds, slay living, harm etc.) are bugged. They create weapons that have fixed, very low dc so they do not benefit from caster's wisdom or spell focus feats. Makes these spells nigh useless because everyone resists them except at a roll of 1. Same goes for the few mage touch spells. Those spells must be fixed as to they cast the real spell upon succesful hit, thus benefitting from caster's stats/feats. Or just make all these spells 'touch range' spells, like iwd 1 did.

I'm thinking that the easiest fix would be to make the spells auto hit close range. It's always nice to do it more than one way and let the player chose how they want to play the game, though