Skip to content

Question:

bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
Wthas the pinot of ploprery slielnpg wdros, if you can raed the wdros if I mpseilsl tehm?

Comments

• ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Please re-phrase in English. Saya tidak mengerti!
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259

Wthas the pinot of ploprery slielnpg wdros, if you can raed the wdros if I mpseilsl tehm?

This only works if you have the first and last letters in the correct place, so:
    If we dnid't konw how to slpel tehm in the fsrit pacle tehn we wludo't konw waht ltters cmae frsit or lsat.

• netlichnetlich Member Posts: 6
    I see waht you did tehre (not as fun when you use less than 4 letter words though)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Not looking like a moron.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Are you drunk, OP?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    *wth'as
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    waht a laod of bloloks
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Kristie83 said:

This only works if you have the first and last letters in the correct place, so:
    If we dnid't konw how to slpel tehm in the fsrit pacle tehn we wludo't konw waht ltters cmae frsit or lsat.

Thus the reason the first and last letters were in the right spot :)

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Kristie83 said:

Good that they were, because I just kept on reading something about "spelling drows", and thus I was confused as to why in heck you had created this thread.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259

Kristie83 said:

Yes, which makes my second sentence accurate! :D
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Does anyone else find it kinda neat how it's still fairly easy to read? I remember coming across this in a magazine a number of years ago; without any introduction or explanation, the article opened with the first several sentences having their letters jumbled, as they are in the OP, and I remember being somewhat amazed as I looked over what I thought was gibberish, only to find myself reading and understanding everything with almost no additional concentration or effort required. For some reason it felt kinda cool, and I couldn't help but grin.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    What I would like to know is how fast the brain could process mathematical equations, if you could do it unconsciously like the brain does for vision, hearing, etc. But of course, doing math and transmitting electrical signals between organs are two different things.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643

Captain... Take a look at this.

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited November 2012
    It also doesn't work as well if a word scrambled becomes another actual word, like "pinot".

Are you drunk, OP?

He did mention "pinot".
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Oz+d čolr ,pbomh sčč črzzrtd nx pmr nizzpm tohjz! _F

That took 2 weeks to write!
  • klatuklatu Member Posts: 108
    edited November 2012

What I would like to know is how fast the brain could process mathematical equations, if you could do it unconsciously like the brain does for vision, hearing, etc. But of course, doing math and transmitting electrical signals between organs are two different things.

Higher mathematics haven't exactly been an every-day survival skill in our evolutionary past.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Ever played a ball-game? Your mind is constantly calculating trajectories of flying balls and running people in split-seconds. Pure math your mind is doing when you catch the ball, then throw or kick it to another player. Much faster than you'd be able to do on paper.

Ever played a ball-game? Your mind is constantly calculating trajectories of flying balls and running people in split-seconds. Pure math your mind is doing when you catch the ball, then throw or kick it to another player. Much faster than you'd be able to do on paper.

I'm no expert, but I'm not sure if that would qualify as "calculating," at least in the usual meaning of the word. I think a lot of that is reflexes; basically, with enough practice, your body is trained to react with little thought involved.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    TJ_Hooker said:

I'm no expert, but I'm not sure if that would qualify as "calculating," at least in the usual meaning of the word. I think a lot of that is reflexes; basically, with enough practice, your body is trained to react with little thought involved.
    Wow, my brain sucks at those mathematics then, as I always either miss or get hit by the ball. :(
    edited November 2012

TJ_Hooker said:

Wow, my brain sucks at those mathematics then, as I always either miss or get hit by the ball. :(
    Haha yeah me too. It's kinda funny if you think of sports as being a bunch of rapid calculations, because normally being good at math is something attributed to nerds, who are also associated with being bad at sports.
    Laziness has something to do with it too. Interestingly enough, I am lazy to calculate simple aritmethics in Chemistry, but when I do so in video games, I can react in a matter of seconds, if not less.
    Especially in Anno 2070 - I need eight friggin Corn Farms for 4 Biopolymer factories, ARE YOU SERIOUS? That's like (3x3 + 9x3x6) x8 squares of area, IT OCCUPIES THE WHOLE GODDAMN ISLAND!
    Sorry, got carried away :p
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 2012

Laziness has something to do with it too. Interestingly enough, I am lazy to calculate simple aritmethics in Chemistry, but when I do so in video games, I can react in a matter of seconds, if not less.
    Especially in Anno 2070 - I need eight friggin Corn Farms for 4 Biopolymer factories, ARE YOU SERIOUS? That's like (3x3 + 9x3x6) x8 squares of area, IT OCCUPIES THE WHOLE GODDAMN ISLAND!
    Sorry, got carried away :p

What happened to the good old days when we farmed sugar cane for rum and were sailing in carvels?? Come to think of it: it's actually quite unhistorical there's no slaves in Anno 1602. But maybe Anno 2070 is better days: there's robots now for the dirty jobs?

*edit: I got even further carried away.

@Son_of_Imoen : It's those Hippies that require the bots. The corporate bastards only need jewelry and pills. On the other side, the geeks need Red Bull. Chose your poison! XD
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    :) {What's the point of properly spelling words , where it opens time-wasting oppurtunity for bored people}