Skip to content

item revision question

DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
Hi
I used that mod, how can i edit it to not modify some items what i dont want to ?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Danacm said:

Hi
    I used that mod, how can i edit it to not modify some items what i dont want to ?

Should be able to edit the component files and comment out the item edits you don't want.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Thank you :)
    I think it can works with spell revisions too.
  • JebbleJebble Member Posts: 27
    I was just going to post the same kind of thread. Funny coincidence.

I've searched through all the filed in Item Revisions, but can't seem to find the core component, which directs items to be overridden. What name does it have, exactly?
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited April 2017
    Jebble said:

I was just going to post the same kind of thread. Funny coincidence.

I've searched through all the filed in Item Revisions, but can't seem to find the core component, which directs items to be overridden. What name does it have, exactly?

Digging through IR since I need to refamiliarize myself with it anyways when I get around to re-editing it because a reinstall made me lose all my customization of the mods I use, the way IR works is item_rev.tpa loads first in the IR base directory, and it leads to (among other things like language choice and all other components), item_rev/components/main_component.tpa.

item_rev/components/main_component.tpa in turn has the following text:

// install items by looping through our array
    COPY - ~item_rev/components/main/items.2da~ ~item_rev/components/main~
    READ_2DA_ENTRIES_NOW ~r2en_items~ 17
    blah blah blah

That file is the one that has the table of items, and you'd comment out item lines in it.

As for editing the items.2da, I presume // works to comment out an entire line, or by the code of main_component.tpa, you should be able to put a 0 in the BG2EE (or whatever game) column, which tells the mod whether that item "exists" for that game and should be installed or ignored. Personally, I'd go with the former, it is a lot more visible to see that an item has been commented out by choice.

It's a bit more haphazard than SR, which is almost entirely contained in spell_rev\components\main_component.tpa. Because spells are just spells, and items have many different types and many rules and rule options.
  • JebbleJebble Member Posts: 27
    Ahh, makes sense now. I looked exactly for the override keyword, which resulted in failure. Thanks for the thorough response @Quickblade
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited November 2017
    @Mike1072, @Demivrgvs It seems that large shields purchased from Winthrop and the Shield of the falling stars +2 are displayed as small shields/bucklers. Do you know how to fix?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited November 2017
    @Mike1072, @Demivrgvs Moreover, whenever an elf/half-elf equips a weapon, this is misaligned with the body -> see the attached screenshot