Skip to content

Test creatures dying

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
edited April 2017 in General Modding
I have a CRE equipped with an item that puts on each spawning creature a large number of effects. Some are Instant/While Equipped, some Instant/Permanent. The item is undroppable, but if this makes a difference, I could change them all to the latter type. The effects are numberous but straightforward - random rolls, mostly recolors of skin, hair, a few appearance-only polymorphs for diverse body types, and there are also bonuses and penalties to Int, Wis and Cha as well as alignment changes. All of these are randomized. The effects, obviously, apply as soon as the creature appears.

Sometimes - very rarely, 1% of the time perhaps - a test creature instantly dies when I spawn it with the console. It does not leave any loot behind. Has anyone else had this happen to him? What was the cause?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    from what I can see the penalties to INT,WIS, CHA are probably the culprit, some creatures have 3 in those ability scores, and if any ability score hits 0, a creature ( or even player) dies instantly

so I don't know how big your penalties are, but you will have to make sure those penalties don't make creatures hit 0 or less in an ability score or else it's game over for them
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Yes, that was it. You ninja-ed me, as they say. It was probably Charisma - they were starting out at 10, and on a bad roll down... Let me try and see if maximums above 25 kill them too.