Skip to content

romanceable races

I think the only races that could be romanced are human, elf, or half elf. I know some mods added other races later. Can anyone tell me if any races were added to the romance list please. I always wanted all races to be able to be romanced, it kind sucks that I feel forced to play only those 3 races or I don't get a full game experience since the romances are always interesting to me.

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I think you can romance Aerie as a gnome, but I don't know the complete list of who can romance who
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Male halflings can romance everyone as well (at least according to what I have read).
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I think the bigger issue here is that there are only human/elf/half elf romance options. Finally a half orc is included, but I'm still not seeing the Dwarf Romance Option I've been waiting for all my life.
    AHF said:

Male halflings can romance everyone as well (at least according to what I have read).

Really? If, so is this same sex-only like the others?

It would be good to have a definitive list of all the possible romance combinations, in fact I bet one already exists, time to get Google-ing...
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

AHF said:

Really? If, so is this same sex-only like the others?
    I don't think there are any same sex romances in BG. I am talking male human, halfling, etc. and Aerie, Viconia and Jaheira.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/npcs/aerie.php

Romance: Aerie can be romanced if the protagonist is a male Human, Elf, Half-elf, Halfling or Gnome. Please see Extremist's Romance Guide (available here) for details.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/npcs/jaheira.php

Romance: Jaheira can be romanced if the protagonist is male and a Human, Half-elf, Elf or Halfling.

I think Viconia can be romanced by a Human, Halfling, Half-Elf or Half-Orc.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    I want a gnome and dragon romance. Cmon they're both intelligent. Wouldn't really work well tho. There's... problems.

Reminds me of Shrek with the dragon and donkey... Nevermind.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    a halforc - gnome romance?
    Thanks @AHF - I didn't realise halflings could romance all those NPCs! I also didn't realise Viconia won't date elves nor that she *would* date a Half-Orc! LOL!

Are there any male NPCs a female CHARNAME can romance in BG2? AFAIK in BGEE females will be able to court all three of the new NPCs (probably not at once, though!), but am unsure what, if any, race restrictions there will be. I'm probably going to run an evil (or maybe chaotic neutral) elf fighter/mage through my first run of BGEE/BG2EE...

BTW does CHARNAME's Charisma score affect romances at all?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2012
    If I recall correctly:

Aerie - Human, Half-elf, Elf, Gnome
    Jaheira - Human, Half-elf, Elf, Halfling
    Viconia - Human, Half-elf, Half-orc
    Anomen - Human, Half-elf, Elf

(However Viconia romancing half-orcs is glitched, it's fixed on the internets but I believe if you just play the vanilla game it won't work.)

Charisma does not affect romances at all. Neither does Reputation or even Alignment. Yes, Viconia can get a crush on your Lawful Good Paladin. Yes, Anomen can get a crush on your Chaotic Evil Priest of Cyric.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531

I want a gnome and dragon romance. Cmon they're both intelligent. Wouldn't really work well tho. There's... problems.

Reminds me of Shrek with the dragon and donkey... Nevermind.

Adalon, Abazigal, and Draconis took human form at times throughout the game, so they could probably conceive a child with a gnome while in that form, if that's what you're referring to. My guess is that's how Bhaal was able to conceive Abazigal in the first place.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012

Are there any male NPCs a female CHARNAME can romance in BG2?

Anomen can be romanced by a female CHARNAME in BG2, but I should caution that he is a jerk.

My female elf F/M will try to romance Dorn, if that's possible, I think... :-)
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I tried romancing Anomen once. He was such a fool I hired a male prostitute just to see his reaction XD
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited November 2012
    Forever alone dwarves :(
    Kirkor said:

Dwarves need some loving
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078

Kirkor said:

Dwarves need some loving
    Brunhilda the Horny Dwarven Barmaid agrees with this assessment.