Skip to content

IWD - Biography Mass Edit

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
This is kind of a weird topic and is due to my OCD nature. Feel free to roll your eyes and move on, lol.

When I start a game of Icewind Dale, I write biographies for my party members. I'll keep saved game logs at pivotal points in the game, so I have a lot of saves named different things. However, as the game goes on I'll tweak and polish my bios and get them to a finished product ... Does anyone know a way to edit saves, or a utility, so that one can update the biographies in them quickly? Yeah, its not a huge deal or anything. I just would like the bios on my saves to all match, without having to go into all my early ones and re-edit manually. That would be quite the pain.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You can edit biographies through Near Infinity, I suppose it's quicker.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Cant you copy paste into them from notepad?
    Also, people who write their own biographies for their characters are awesome - no need to feel ashamed about it.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    ajwz said:

Cant you copy paste into them from notepad?
    Also, people who write their own biographies for their characters are awesome - no need to feel ashamed about it.

I *wish* you could copy/paste from notepad into IWD, but it doesn't work that way unfortunately.