Skip to content

BG->BGII export

So, this was probably discussed many times.

But what exactly transfers from BG:EE to BGII:EE?
Obviously, main character, his experience and stats. But what about Imoen, Minsk, Jaheira, etc?

Comments

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Zayne said:

So, this was probably discussed many times.

But what exactly transfers from BG:EE to BGII:EE?
    Obviously, main character, his experience and stats. But what about Imoen, Minsk, Jaheira, etc?

Main character, his XP, his Bhaalspawn powers, and his stats (including permanent bonuses from Tomes and a mage's HP bonus from his familiar, but not temporary bonuses from e.g. Buckley's Buckler).

All equipment in the main character's inventory is imported, but then immediately taken away from him. (There used to be an exploit where you could keep it, but that's been fixed.) This does result in a bug where if you're a mage and you have your familiar in your inventory, it gets taken away and you can cast it again, getting the HP bonus a second time.

(Note: while the gear gets taken away immediately, what you have in your inventory influences what items appear in the starting dungeon, and there is one encounter late in SoA that will be slightly different if you have a certain item on you when importing.)

I *believe* if you're romancing an EE NPC in BG1, that will automatically carry over to BG2, too. I haven't romanced any EE NPCs in BG1 before so I'm not sure on this one.

Nothing about any other NPC carries over-- not proficiencies, not skill points, not equipment, not stat bonuses from tomes, not nothing.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    SomeSort said:

I *believe* if you're romancing an EE NPC in BG1, that will automatically carry over to BG2, too.

Only if you import the save and not the character files
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Daevelon said:

SomeSort said:

I *believe* if you're romancing an EE NPC in BG1, that will automatically carry over to BG2, too.

Only if you import the save and not the character files
    A timely addition, as I was just about to start my first BG1 romance. Have an insightful!