Skip to content

[Spoilers] NPCs in MBTI

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
@SmilingSword made a topic two years ago about seeing which of the companions you are based on the Meyer-Briggs-Type-Indicator (short: MBTI), which is a pseudo-psychoanalytical personality test. It holds little weight in actual science, but it can be used as a fun and useful tool in character analysis and definition.

For more information on the seperate types, please check this website and this video by Extra Credits:

I started to do some digging online and noticed that people seem to have vastly different opinions on what character has which type, so I thought maybe we could brainstorm a new and hopefully more accurate list together.
Please note that this list is about in which category a charcter fits the most. Even though some characters can fit into more than one category and only few characters 100% fit in any category.
See these types as tin foil a character can be wrapped in, not a tupperware box they need to be squezed in.
Also, please take note that the typing has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's alignment. A lawful good and a chaotic evil character can both fit into the same personality category.

Also, I wanna point out a common mistake people make with these. I and E do not stand for introverted and extroverted. They stand for intraversion and extroversion and have little to do with how shy or outgoing a person is. A person can be intraverted and still have a lot of social contacts and be confident around others. I think you can best explain it as how "accessible" someone is, how comfortable they feel with sharing their inner workings or deeper personal thoughts and feelings, if you wish. I find it a bit hard to explain, but I promise it makes sense :V

The List

The first draft anyway. It will be updated as we go along.

INTJ

Architect/ Strategist - "Imaginative and strategic thinkers, with a plan for everything."
Strenghts: Quick, Imaginative and Strategic Mind; High Self-Confidence; Independent and Decisive; Hard-working and determined; Open-minded; Jacks-of-all-Trades
Weaknesses: Arrogant; Judgmental; Overly analytical; Loathe highly structured environments; Clueless in romance

Primary: Edwin Odesseiron, Montaron
Secondary: Jon Irenicus, Dynaheir, Shar-Teel, Bodhi, Quayle, Xzar, Coran

INTP

Logician/ Engineer - "Innovative inventors with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge."
Strenghts: Great Analysts and Abstract Thinkers; Imaginative and Original; Open-Minded; Enthusiastic; Objective; Honest and Straightforward
Weaknesses: Very Private and Withdrawn; Insensitive; Absent-minded; Condescending; Loathe Rules and Guidelines; Second-Guess Themselves

Primary: Xzar
Secondary: Cernd, Glint Gardnersonson

ENTJ

Commander/ Chief - "Bold, imaginative and strong-willed leaders, always finding a way – or making one."
Strenghts: Efficient; Energetic; Self-Confident; Strong-Willed; Strategic Thinkers; Charismatic and Inspiring
Weaknesses: Stubborn and Dominant; Intolerant; Impatient; Arrogant; Poor Handling of Emotions; Cold and Ruthless

Primary: Jon Irenicus, Amelyssan, Sarevok Anchev, Caelar Argent, Dynaheir
Secondary: Tiax, Bodhi, Shar-Teel, Dorn Il-Khan, Branwen, Ajantis Ilvastarr

ENTP

Debater/ Originator - "Smart and curious thinkers who cannot resist an intellectual challenge."
Strenghts: Knowledgeable; Quick Thinkers; Original; Excellent Brainstormers; Charismatic; Energetic
Weaknesses: Very Argumentative; Insensitive; Intolerant; Can Find It Difficult to Focus; Dislike Practical Matters

Primary: Jan Jansen, Bodhi, Quayle, Neera
Secondary: Edwin Odesseiron, Eldoth Kron, Baeloth Barrityl, Xzar, Glint Gardnersonson

INFJ

Advocate/ Confidant - "Quiet and mystical, yet very inspiring and tireless idealists."
Strenghts: Creative; Insightful; Inspiring and Convincing; Decisive; Determined and Passionate; Altruistic
Weaknesses: Sensitive; Extremely Private; Perfectionistic; Always Need to Have a Cause; Can Burn Out Easily

Primary: Hexxat
Secondary: Xan, Rasaad yn Bashir, Valygar Corthala, Yoshimo, Nalia de'Arnise

INFP

Mediator/ Dreamer - "Poetic, kind and altruistic people, always eager to help a good cause."
Strenghts: Idealistic; Seek and Value Harmony; Open-Minded and Flexible; Very Creative; Passionate and Energetic; Dedicated and Hard-Working
Weaknesses: Too Idealistic; Too Altruistic; Impractical; Dislike Dealing With Data; Take Things Personally; Difficult to Get to Know

Primary: Garrick, Nalia de'Arnise
Secondary: Yeslick Orothair, Aerie, Cernd, Rasaad yn Bashir

ENFJ

Protagonist/ Mentor - "Charismatic and inspiring leaders, able to mesmerize their listeners."
Strenghts: Tolerant; Reliable; Charismatic; Altruistic; Natural Leaders
Weaknesses: Overly Idealistic; Too Selfless; Too Sensitive; Fluctuating Self-Esteem; Struggle to Make Tough Decisions

Primary: Schael Corwin
Secondary: Keldorn Firecam, Mazzy Fentan, Caelar Argent

ENFP

Campaigner/ Advocator - "Enthusiastic, creative and sociable free spirits, who can always find a reason to smile."
Strenghts: Curious; Observant; Energetic and Enthusiastic; Excellent Communicators; Know How to Relax; Very Popular and Friendly
Weaknesses: Poor Practical Skills; Find it Difficult to Focus; Overthink Things; Get Stressed Easily; Highly Emotional; Independent to a Fault

Primary: Skie Silvershield, Voghiln the Mighty, Alora
Secondary: Yoshimo, Imoen

ISTJ

Logistician/ Examiner - "Practical and fact-minded individuals, whose reliability cannot be doubted."
Strenghts: Honest and Direct; Strong-willed and Dutiful; Very Responsible; Calm and Practical; Create and Enforce Order; Jacks-of-all-trades
Weaknesses: Stubborn; Insensitive; Always by the Book; Judgmental; Often Unreasonably Blame Themselves

Primary: Xan, Keldorn Firecam, Mazzy Fentan, Anomen Delryn, Branwen, Valygar Corthala
Secondary: Schael Corwin, Dynaheir, Ajantis Ilvastarr, Kivan

ISFJ

Defender - "Very dedicated and warm protectors, always ready to defend their loved ones."
Strenghts: Supportive; Reliable and Patient; Imaginative and Observant; Enthusiastic; Loyal and Hard-Working; Good Practical Skills
Weaknesses: Humble and Shy; Take Things Too Personally; Repress Their Feelings; Overload Themselves; Reluctant to Change; Too Altruistic

Primary: Rasaad yn Bashir, Khalid, Kivan
Secondary: Xan, Keldorn Firecam, Mazzy Fentan, Valygar Corthala, Minsc

ESTJ

Executive/ Overseer - "Excellent administrators, unsurpassed at managing things – or people."
Strenghts: Dedicated; Strong-willed; Direct and Honest; Loyal, Patient and Reliable; Enjoy Creating Order; Excellent Organizers
Weaknesses: Inflexible and Stubborn; Uncomfortable with Unconventional Situations; Judgmental; Too Focused on Social Status; Difficult to Relax; Difficulty Expressing Emotion

Primary: M'khiin Grubdoubler, Viconia DeVir, Jaheira, Ajantis Ilvastarr
Secondary: Yeslick Orothair, Tiax, Rasaad yn Bashir, Caelar Argent, Anomen Delryn, Shar-Teel

ESFJ

Consul/ Supporter - "Extraordinarily caring, social and popular people, always eager to help."
Strenghts: Strong Practical Skills; Strong Sense of Duty; Very Loyal; Sensitive and Warm; Good at Connecting with Others
Weaknesses: Worried about Their Social Status; Inflexible; Reluctant to Innovate or Improvise; Vulnerable to Criticism; Often Too Needy; Too Selfless

Primary: Yeslick Orothair, Aerie, Imoen
Secondary: Garrick, Rasaad yn Bashir, Keldorn Firecam, Nalia de'Arnise

ISTP

Virtuoso/ Craftsman - "Bold and practical experimenters, masters of all kinds of tools."
Strenghts: Optimistic and Energetic; Creative and Practical; Spontaneous and Rational; Know How to Prioritize; Great in a Crisis; Relaxed
Weaknesses: Stubborn; Insensitive; Private and Reserved; Easily Bored; Dislike Commitment; Risky Behavior

Primary: Cernd, Voghiln the Mighty, Kagain, Korgan Bloodaxe, Glint Gardnersonson, Safana, Yoshimo
Secondary: Xzar, Coran, Alora, Montaron, Imoen

ISFP

Adventurer/ Artist - "Flexible and charming artists, always ready to explore and experience something new."
Strenghts: Charming; Sensitive to Others; Imaginative; Passionate; Curious; Artistic
Weaknesses: Fiercely Independent; Unpredictable; Easily Stressed; Overly Competitive; Fluctuating Self-Esteem

Primary: Coran
Secondary: Hexxat, Alora, Neera, Haer'Dalis

ESTP

Entrepeneur/ Persuader - "Smart, energetic and very perceptive people, who truly enjoy living on the edge."
Strenghts: Bold; Rational and Practical; Original; Perceptive; Direct; Sociable
Weaknesses: Insensitive; Impatient; Risk-prone; Unstructured; May Miss the Bigger Picture; Defiant

Primary: Eldoth Kron
Secondary: Baeloth Barrityl, Skie Silvershield, Dorn Il-Khan, Coran, Glint Gardnersonson, Neera, Safana, Minsc

ESFP

Entertainer - "Spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic people – life is never boring around them."
Strenghts: Bold; Original; Aesthetics and Showmanship; Practical; Observant; Excellent People Skills
Weaknesses: Sensitive; Conflict-Averse; Easily Bored; Poor Long-Term Planners; Unfocused

Primary: Baeloth Barrityl, Haer'Dalis
Secondary: Quayle, Voghiln the Mighty
Post edited by Buttercheese on
Troodon80JuliusBorisovSmilingSwordZaghoullolienThacoBellCrevsDaakbrus

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Alright, I finally finished sorting the first draft.
    It would be really cool if you guys could share your opinions on the current list with me,
    I mainly went with the strenghts and weaknesses here to categorize everyone.

Some things I noticed I find worth pointing out:
    - Baeloth the Entertainer indeed :smiley:
    - Tiax and Minsc don't really primarily fit in anywhere, because their personalities are not facetted enough.
    - Eldoth and Skie are more alike than anyone would initially suspect. He is kind of a smarter, more experienced version of her (also a jerkier one :V).
    - Literally all the antagonists are ENTJ for the most part (Bodhi at least somewhat). I mean, the classic guys, sure, but even Caelar fits the bill???
    - Dynaheir would have made for an excelent villain. If she hadn't died in between games, she would have made for a better, less extremist Balthazar. Imagine.
    Troodon80ThacoBell