Skip to content

Can you convince me to buy this game?

2»

Comments

• IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    Can you convince me to buy this game?

I'm not going to try. Why? because I couldn't care less about how you spend your own money.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    The only thing i could add, and i say this politely, is that next time you or anyone else should read the faq threads and announcements and whatever other posts that fit into this suggestion, instead of having forum vets constantly repeating the same answers. The faq thread will tell you most if not all of the changes so you can judge for yourself the viability of buying BGEE. After reading these, if you need to ask for clarification on certain aspects of these threads, i'm quite sure people would be more than willing to help you understand them better. happy gaming.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Buy it/don't buy it. I don't care.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    @IntoTheDarkness

For a comprehensive list of changes and enhancements- "reason to buy the game", read this thread:

THREAD

For a comprehensive list of changes that can't be made, like dialog changes to old NPC's, read this thread:

THREAD
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    Mathuzzz said:

I don´t get it. People pay every year 60 bucks for "new" Battlefield/Call of Duty/Medal of Honor, games with 5-10 hours long content and really nothing new, just countless copy of the modern game formula. They pay 5-10 bucks for DLC, which adds like 1-3 hours long content(in better case) to the already short, small game. They pay for modern RPGs, which are going this way.
    And here, countless person is asking, why he should pay 10 bucks more for even more enhanced game, the game which is going to be like flower in the middle of the muck in the end of November.
    Please, take no offence, but original BG costs like 10 bucks, they spent a lot of time to improve this game, you want the developers to ask 3-5 bucks for all the work they already did, when other developers ask 60 bucks for improved game, but just call it a sequel instead of enhanced version?

The problem is that some (notice some) of the younger generations value gfx higher than actual gameplay.. its become a trend and its not going to end anytime soon sadly.. I don't think we can convince the op about getting the game nor should we.. its up to him to value what he wants..

A perfect example for me towards the younger generations.. some of the late teens in my family would have a hard time playing the original BG series (I forced some of them anyway) but they saw the Dragon age mod and the cinematic and they love it and they think the original one looks ancient.. its just how the world is... gfx > gameplay for the majority today...

So the only way for us to get these kinda games that we like. Would be to support stuff like this and various other projects thats been talked about already (PE) IE.. I just hope that this might make others see that alot of players still want to play complex RPG's.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

I'm tired of these threads, polite or not. It's 18 dollars (after pre-order). Its not like you're buying a new game for $69.99 or something. Its really annoying to continue to see people post stuff like this when the game is so inexpensive. If you buy it and you don't like it, have a garage sale or start a lemonade stand and recoup your funds in one afternoon... or take cans to be recycled. What is the point of making forum accounts to question if the game is worth it. Read a book instead.

This. This, SO much. It's twenty ... fucking ... bucks ... my goodness.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Eat two less mcdonalds, or buy budget branded food for a week, $18 recouped.
  • HowieHowie Member Posts: 136
    Old BG mods are very bugged to me. So I'm looking for more organized and integrated enhancement that ensure it works on my new computer.