Skip to content

iPad "mods"

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
Quick question...if I download the Easter Egg Morte and Leprechaun Annah mods for iPad, is it easy to turn those on or off if I don't like them? Is it possible to empty the override without uninstalling? Also, will users be able to make their own files to add to the override folder when mods for the EE become available? Is the .tlk file still off-limits without jailbreak?
taclane

Comments

• taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    DONT DO IT!!! Not only is easter egg Morte terrifying, it is difficult to remove on iOS. :tongue:

On iOS, you would need to utilize a third-party tool like iExplorer or something similar to access PST:EEs user data and remove mods. Reinstalling the game also would work, but then you would lose all your saves in the process. It is a tricky situation best avoided for the time being.

Yes, you can add other stuff to the override folder, but without access to the dialog.tlk file you are really constrained in what you can modify in the game. You are somewhat limited to cosmetic mods and minor UI tweaks for now.
    proccoPibaroJuliusBorisov
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Thanks, @taclane!
    taclaneJuliusBorisov
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    procco said:

Thanks, @taclane!

Sure thing!

I'm not at all trying to discourage the creation of iOS-compatible mods. There is still plenty of fun stuff that could be possible without access to the .tlk file. It is just important that before you install anything, you are comfortable with the methods to manually remove mods that you may no longer want on your iPad.

The forum should prepare itself for the periodic "help, i downloaded a file and morte is a weird egg and I can't figure out how to make it go away" post. :wink:
    JuliusBorisov