Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to pre-order, apply for the Head Start and check for details. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How do you delete character files?

All right, I admit it, I play MP and build up characters and equipment and insert into games as needed or desired. In the old game, I would just delete a character file when it ceased to be useful, but now I can't, and have like six saves of my super-mage. Can you delete these extra files? And, if so, how?

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 29
    I could have sworn you could delete exported character files in-game somehow; but I just checked and this does not seem to be the case. I know that in Windows, the files can be found at:

My Documents -> Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/characters

Just delete the .bio and the .chr of the character you want to remove.

If a Mac user comes along, it would be helpful if they could add where these files are located on their system.

JuliusBorisovAttalus
  • AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 148
    Bubb said:

I could have sworn you could delete exported character files in-game somehow; but I just checked and this does not seem to be the case. I know that in Windows, the files can be found at:

My Documents -> Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/characters

Just delete the .bio and the .chr of the character you want to remove.

If a Mac user comes along, it would be helpful if they could add where these files are located on their system.

Thanks very much indeed!

JuliusBorisovBubb