Skip to content

Why does my party group together when resting?

Whenever I rest, my scattered party will group up. This is frustrating as I may have them strategically placed. Can this be disabled?

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I HAVE noticed that you can spread out somewhat(but not beyond what is allowed for sleeping to occur), and those positions stay if a random encounter hits during the sleep. I am guessing this limit is set by some number/range, and that would have to be adjusted (haven't a clue how though).
    But yeah, would be a nice touch.

Seems similar to opponents grouping up if one firebombs them and then hides. They are not helping their case.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it could also be the engine itself, sometimes the IE does some weird and whacky things, and this just might be one of them
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited April 2017
    BillyYank said:

They huddle together for warmth because the developers forgot to add bedrolls, blankets and tents.

@BillyYank Yeah, where is all that stuff. I mean I want a dadbern hammock that I can put up in the trees to sleep in. And Iron Rations to eat or something, all we have at the taverns is 'likker'. I like when Neera mentions something in the way of getting tired of 'trail food', and wanting a home cooked meal.

Then, when the 'freaks come out at night', I can be up there in my hammock then and be like, ignore it, or turn into Jimmy the 'Superfly' Snuka (RIP).
  • LughChulainnLughChulainn Member Posts: 14
    the reason why they huddle is because if some assholes attacked them while sleeping they'd be ready
  • KahenrazKahenraz Member Posts: 70
    Yea, but I'm the leader and I'm telling them where to sleep so that we can be in a strategic position if this does happen; for example, the thieves sleep IN THE SHADOWS. Otherwise they have to then run away, hide, then run back.
  • pabramspabrams Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2017
    warmth? or maybe it's for sex stuff?
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Along the lines of @pabrams comment, they want to live every day add though it is their last?
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    This has long bothered me as well. It would be neat if it was possible to place your party members strategically and have them stay where they are placed. But the game doesn’t allow it. They are always “magically” rearranged by morning. :(

I suppose you could chalk it up to them going about their business during the night, but it seems to me that they should follow orders and “stand guard” where they ware told to.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I'd need to test this, but I was under the impression that it was based on the party formation pattern you'd chosen.