Skip to content

Default character AI script

nullsetnullset Member Posts: 38
Is there a way to set the initial default AI script for all characters, and still allow selection of the advanced AI for individual characters? I have found two ways to set the initial default to AGEN, but both involve losing access to the advanced AI. My problem with the advanced AI is that it breaks dialogues particularly for CHAIN dialogues and especially for rogues. The problem occurs when a rogue enters a dialogue part way through and has to get out of searching for traps mode to enter the dialogue. Broken dialogues are not a good thing. Of course, one can always change the script for each character when they join the party, but I am lazy and would like to decrease the housekeeping required to play.

Comments

• Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    Te gibberlings 3 Tweaks anthology mod has an option to disable the advanced ai on companions unless you select it
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    What variation on "advanced" scripts are you using? The vanilla version won't activate modes like trapfinding or stealth unless the action queue is empty; it certainly won't interrupt dialogues to do that. And if you are using one of those modes, you'll snap out of it when you start talking no matter how you got into the mode.
  • nullsetnullset Member Posts: 38
    Thanx. I found the option in Tweaks Anthology several years ago. It is the vanilla advanced AI scripts that cause the problem: Imoen's dialogue in the openning scene gets broken when AI scripts are ON; this leaves critical switches not set, and seriously upsets the game. Huzzah for Tweaks Anthology!!!