Skip to content

Awesome D&D sale right now on GOG

11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
I just bought all the gold box games, NWN2, and the Temple of Elemental Evil and saved myself $50. Total cost was $30... really not bad.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I bought Toee which I hadn't played yet and NWN2 so I wouln't need a cd anymore. Yay!
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    DJKajuru said:

I bought Toee which I hadn't played yet and NWN2 so I wouln't need a cd anymore. Yay!

Lmao, nice dude. I bought like EVERYTHING. Those gold box games, people always say, are second in awesomeness to the old infinity engine games.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I already had most of this collection (and honestly? All of this collection that I care to get). Still good to see more people playing Gold Box.

(It's a shame I didn't see FRUA as it's own game in the pack, though for some reason I remember it being part of one of the minipacks? Also nobody seems to be talking about Dark Sun)
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Pokota said:

I already had most of this collection (and honestly? All of this collection that I care to get). Still good to see more people playing Gold Box.

(It's a shame I didn't see FRUA as it's own game in the pack, though for some reason I remember it being part of one of the minipacks? Also nobody seems to be talking about Dark Sun)

It's packaged with one of the Gold Box combos, I'm fairly sure it's the Pool of Radiance/Frontier one.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Pokota said:

Yeah FRUA is in the Forgotten Realms archive. "Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two" is the one. If you don't have the FRUA game, then perhaps there's classic D&D games you should buy, eh? Eh?? Eehhh??? *nudge* lol
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    For those playing the Gold Box games I may recommend The Gold Box Companion. it has lots of features but I mostly use it as an auto-mapper and for keeping track of HP.

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jhirvonen/gbc/
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited April 2017
    Vallmyr said:

For those playing the Gold Box games I may recommend The Gold Box Companion. it has lots of features but I mostly use it as an auto-mapper and for keeping track of HP.

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jhirvonen/gbc/

The All-Seeing Eye is a similar add-on for the first two Eye of the Beholder games. Also, just the links on the page you posted are more than worth a bookmark, even if you don't use the Companion.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I did like the Dark Sun games, they would be my choice for an "enhanced edition" remastering.

Unfortunately, I don't cope well with retro-graphics, so I find them unplayable in their current form. That's just me though.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited April 2017
    Dark Sun Enhanced Edition would need a revised version of the Shattered Lands experience from the ground up (everyone was casting like sorcerors, and Psionics were not faithfully presented) and an underlying engine natively capable of three caster types (divine, arcane, and psionic). It's desirable, but very definitely not something Beamdog is in a position to do right now (and that's ignoring the licensing issues)