Skip to content

[Kickstarter] Rise of the King - icy, survival/investigation action-adventure

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
https://youtu.be/C-CQGtQudl4

Rise of the King by Revelation Games seems like something especially tasty: basically it plays in an realistic, low fantasy open world. Meaning no magic, no potions, or other gimmicks like that. But my favourite part of the whole thing? Camping, hunting and being hunted down in subarctic forests! If Icewind Dale were a modern third-person game, it'll probably look like this gem here. :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZtNiwumJQ

Features

• Survive in a frozen dangerous world along your journey as you search for food, drink, and supplies for shelter while avoiding deadly wildlife and hostile factions.
  • Investigate - Examine for clues, read and interact with objects, interview people and solve various types of challenges to advance the story.
  • Unique combination of survival, combat and Investigation mechanics to produce a much more dynamic and immersive gameplay experience within the world.
  • Combat - Know when to strike, dodge and counter while managing your stamina. There are no health potions, powerups or special abilities here to help you.
  • Story - Get immersed in a compelling interactive story filled with lore, religion, and characters to interact with.
  • Hunt - Experience the thrill of the hunt as you track and hunt the wide array of animal wildlife to stay alive.
  • Build - Construct campsites to stay warm from the cold. Craft Bandages, torches, arrows, traps and various other supplies along the way to help keep you alive.
The funding goals seems to be $160,000 for this game. But as it's been already two years in the making, I guess their overall budge will be more than that until release date Q4 2018. Rise of the King's currently also awaiting to be Greenlighted on Steam. You might check the pade out if you want more info of the game.

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I don't get the appeal of all these wilderness survival type games that seem to be popular at the moment.