Skip to content

party members you always use

2»

Comments

• jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    This Jaheira topic has got a bit full on.

I always stick to stealth parties, so Minsc, Kivan, Rassad, Imoen, Jan, Valygar etc.

Tend to stay good aligned too.

I'm probably one of the only people who keeps Minsc in studded leather armour for stealth too.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @UnderstandMouseMagic Jaheira doesn't know that Galvarey is planning to imprison charname when she is asked to bring you. As far as she knows, they just want to ask you some questions. The moment that Jaheira decides to help you, it is effectively abandoning what she believes to be entire Harper organization. There is no hypocrisy, no shifting of blame, she choses you and spends the whole questline dealing with those consequences. She doesn't drag you into any other Harper plots, at that point she is being hunted by them as well. I don't see anything remotely "irredeemably evil" in these actions.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    @ThacoBell @UnderstandMouseMagic FWIW, I agree that we're kind of getting off-track with the Jahiera stuff, so I started a new thread in the BG2 board if you want to continue this there. :)
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64490/discussion-on-jahiera-in-bg2/p1?new=1
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Okay, well, I think the only NPC I take along with me 100% of the time is Imoen, and Yoshimo by proxy. Sarevok comes close, but there are times that I don't want to trade out any of my existing party for him. That aside those that seem to find their way into my party over half the time would probably be:

BG1: Kivan, Minsc, Dynaheir, Xan, Neera
    BG2: Jaheira, Anomen, Minsc, Keldorn, Valygar
  • NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    edited April 2017
    I got over my having to constantly bring story-significant NPCs along by employing the DA:O method - by hiring them all and just leaving them at home base (just someplace you always visit after doing a quest, like the Nashkel Inn, the Friendly Arms, the Copper Coronet, your stronghold or the pocket plane - the location changes over time).
    That way they're always part of the group even though I have a very specific set of "active" NPCs. Sadly the epilogue refuses to acknowledge the "contribution" of these NPCs (I tend to just think of them as the intelligence gathering/special missions and supplies acquisition and defense team).

Toril does keep turning while you run around chasing dragons and whatnot, someone has to make sure no one's stealing your stuff or turning the local population against you while you're away.

These days I only constantly bring along my favorite-of-the-season NPC. ATM that's Neera.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Edwin and Korgan are usually always in my party. Been considering dropping Edwin for abit though, it's just he's such a good mage.

Korgan is forever though^^
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I find that while I often *want* Ajantis and/or Minsc, I often end up with Khalid through some string of tragedies. I've had the worst luck lately.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Nobody. Different parties in different playthroughs is like half of the fun.

But if there WAS somebody, it'd be Neera. <3
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    edited April 2017
    And Haer'Dalis !! No one talks about him. That's make me sad! I love Him so much.

Mazzy + Korgan isn't a weird association? Ok there're small but they don't live for the same purpose!

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Souplesse said:

Mazzy + Korgan isn't a weird association? Ok there're small but they don't live for the same purpose!

Mazzy and Korgan have a large amount of content together and despite a rather... difficult start they get along in their own way. If you want to know a little bit about Korgan's past Mazzy is pretty much mandatory.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    batoor said:

Edwin and Korgan are usually always in my party. Been considering dropping Edwin for abit though, it's just he's such a good mage.

Korgan is forever though^^

Don't do it.
    You'll regret it.
    Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. B)
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    Kurona said:

Souplesse said:

Mazzy and Korgan have a large amount of content together and despite a rather... difficult start they get along in their own way. If you want to know a little bit about Korgan's past Mazzy is pretty much mandatory.
    Good to know! I'll try it in a neutral party with .... Haer'Dalis and Neera !
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Souplesse said:

Kurona said:

Souplesse said:

Good to know! I'll try it in a neutral party with .... Haer'Dalis and Neera !
    Mazzy gets along pretty well with all of the original evil NPCs, actually. She was pretty much a mainstay in all of my old evil runs, pre-EE NPCs.