Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Cloud saves?

TarquinTarquin Member Posts: 40
I bought BG:EE at launch for both Mac and iOS and BG2:EE for iOS. I remember Trent or others talking about cloud saves (and presumably imports between games) since before the first release. I've held off on buying any more games as this really is a killer feature for me.

Even if it's just iCloud for saves/transfers between iOS devices, that would still be a huge deal!

Is there any chance this is ever going to get implemented? I would buy every other Beamdog release instantly if this feature ever materializes...

Ingenjoer

Comments

• IngenjoerIngenjoer Member Posts: 6
    First off: In BG:EE it's possible to share saves by pressing the Quick Save-button long enough, giving you the option to share the save via AirDrop, Mail etc.
    Now, a full fledged Cloud-save function would be welcome, but until then - could we please get the "Quick Save-export" function available in BG2:EE as well? :smiley:
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,125
    I bought into BG:EE on both Mac and iPad due to the 'cloud saves' feature in the original marketing. However, I bought BG2:EE (and PS:T:EE) only on the Mac, as I did not find the iPad experience as much fun as I expected. Maybe cloud saves would bring the desire to explore the mobile platform back, but in hindsight, I am no longer missing it.

I do feel a little foolish buying into the marketing for a feature that was not implemented at launch though. Should have learned better after all these years! However, BeamDog were a young company, and I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt - still do, as shepherds of one of the greatest computer games series of all time :)
  • IngenjoerIngenjoer Member Posts: 6
    Yes, I think it would make it a lot more attractive to pay up several times for the game if it was possible to utilise Cloud-saves (or at least similar, such as the Quick Save-export implemented in BG:EE, if done for all platforms).

Since it has been done in BG:EE I don't see that it should be too hard to implement it in the other games as well. More or less feels like a "copy paste" kind of work and even if it's not, at least we know it's doable!
  • kaoskaos Member Posts: 1
    Does the Quick Save export work only as an iOS -> Mac transfer?

I'm trying to export Mac -> iOS and only finding dated info here with references to save file names and extensions that do not match anything in my save folder.