Skip to content

Enemy ai acting chaotic and unstable companions

ElvenbladeElvenblade Member Posts: 21
Still on my first run through bgee 2.x and is enjoying it very much. Hopefully IwD gets the same treatment, kinda losing hope as times move on....

Anyways, one thing that bothers me, though, is the enemies ai. Mobs such as gnolls and xvarts are acting quite confused. Their aggro seems to reset all the time for instance if encounter a lone gnoll I get the usual message: "Gnoll attacks Kagain" but as the gnoll makes it's way towards the party he sort off micro stutters all the time and the attack message repeats over and over.
Happens even if my party stands still and no other character gets in the way. Another annoying part is that they spam their battle cry all the time.

Also, when someone in my party hits them with a ranged attack they can switch target to the shooter, walk halfway towards them and then switch back to their original target.

As you can see, even when in melee range their aggro resets all the time. Is this normal?

Another thing i noticed is that my character some times pushes each other in combat.
Normally once my characters locks on to an enemy in melee he would be pinned rock solid to the ground, right? But when I send several of them against an enemy, the first one of them that locks on to an enemy sometime still gets further pushed in towards the enemy by my other characters charging in behind him.