Skip to content

New Baldurs Gate Story

I've never really participated with the Baldurs Gate community but have been played it since it's release and still often do. I'm sure that there are lots of people who have offered their ideas for stories for a new game and story or people who are opposed to it.

Despite that, my favorite character and story in the series has always been Irenicus. Irenicus' past is mostly unexplored and while obviously the second game chronicles some of his past and why he chased power I think it would be a lot of fun to play a new game set in the time of the first baldurs gate or before that details and explores Irenicus' rise. I think it would even be pretty awesome to play as Irenicus in the game while I'm sure that would be pretty controversial as creating a character is an integral part of the game so maybe playing as someone who is an associate of his or maybe his opposition.

I think I would rather play a character on the side of Irenicus, mostly just because I love playing evil characters and parties and would also give the chance for some of us who do enjoy that path an opportunity to not be punished for playing someone evil ;).

Anyways, for me personally I would love to explore that part of the story. I'm not really the type of person to write a bunch of fan fiction or anything for it so it's not like I have an particulars of the story in mind but was just wondering if anyone else thinks that this would be a fun and interesting avenue for the series to take and whether or not they would be interested in playing a game with this story line.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hi there, welcome to the forums
    There used to be a module called redemption, which explored Jon's story a bit further and allowed him to join your party with the ascension mod, I believe that the author even wrote a fanfic extended epilogue for him. Is that what you're looking for?

I understand that an irenicus story would be a total conversion, which is not easy to make. I would rather make an NWN module, which would be a faster and easier project.