Skip to content

How do I kill Aesgareth?

Hey, I'm solo-ing Watcher's Keep at a lower level than usual. Am at the end of the teleport maze.

Does anyone know how I can cheese kill Aesgareth with my level 13 Kensai? Thanks.

Comments

• unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    I don't think fighters are capable of cheese.
  • pickuptubberpickuptubber Member Posts: 17
    Thought there might be some items, or something..
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    maybe the helm of vhaliors simulacrum ability with some resistance scrolls. like magic protection or whatever its called,
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited May 2017
    I assume you are pre-Spellhold so the Staff of Command is out.

Vhailor's Helm + Scroll of Magic Protection cast on the druid or the mage to shut down their spellcasting can help you a bit. Namarra can also cast Silence 15' Radius at -5 (the mage will likely Vocalize but this may prevent the druid from summoning).

Ras, Efreeti Bottle if you need to take some heat off you. Double their use thanks to the simulacrum.

The Dragonslayer sword from Firkraag's dungeon can dispel invisibility once a day. Can save you from being chunked by the thief's backstab. Albruin possesses the same ability.

Oh, and Ilbratha can cast Mirror Image. Another thing that can save your life.

There are probably more helpful items I can't remember at the moment but if you're attempting WK with a low level fighter (a Kensai at that) and without good items then yeah there isn't much you can do.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    very limited options as a Kensai, although i have to assume you are not solo...i cannot for the life of me believe you made it down that far in WK as a solo 13 kensai haha. That fight is rough though, everything except the mage has a LOT of APR, but the mage is the biggest threat IMO and i always make sure i open up with killing him. You really need something that can 1 shot it though, otherwise he will chuck up protections that take too long to break down whilst all the other stuff is wailing on you.

The biggest advantage you have for that fight is that you can start it on your terms, i usually Backstab the Mage out the fight as my opener, or use a couple of traps if a swash. After that it's probably worth using a mage with Prot/Magic weapons as your tank whilst you use your melees to focus down 1 at a time. Most of the critters for that fight will easily hit even the most well armoured fighter and they do enough damage to really hurt before long so you need to either use summons or make a mage invulnerable to take the edge off whilst you thin the herd.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    @Borek
    He *is* using a solo level 13 Kensai.
    Yes, I am indeed solo. I've never been that far in at such a low level though, so a little stuck. Thanks for the suggestions - unfortunately Kensai can't use helms (inc. Vhailor's). Guess I'll just have to leave & come back at a higher level.
    Ah, nevermind, it is perfectly possible - you just have to summon the dancing blade using Spectral Brand. It's immune to all their attacks, so you can use it to distract them while you kill Aesgareth.